10

Changbin's p.o.v:

As soon as Jisung and I quickly made our way into the huge house, all the teasing and games where pushed aside. The situation was far from a joking matter and we were getting serious. We didn't have a lot of time either because of our work later that day.

"How should we do this?" Jisung asked. I started to think of a response but couldn't on the spot. Don't get us wrong, we've both been brainstorming since the topic was bought up, but this was a complex situation. We can't just go up to Felix and casually admit that i can see something considered so sensitive and private (even though it shouldn't be something that's kept to oneself and only oneself). This could result in mentally stressing him out and hurting the guy or even make him think that we've gone crazy.

I sat there trying to think of any ideas. Each time i came up with one i thought about how it could negatively affect him. No matter how many i came up with, they all seemed to end in fails. I know that even if i go with the best available option there are for sure going to be at least some cons. I wish it could be as easy as my parents story. I just need to think more.

I could tell that Jisung was thinking deeply as well due to his scrunched up thinking face.

No matter how many ideas we both came up with, it got us no where.(a/n: i dont have an exact plot to this story at all. This chapter was hard to even think of because i had 0 clue what i was going to do next. I couldn't come up with anything at all. So why not just make the characters feel my pain >:) )

Soon an alarm, alerting us that it was time to head to work, went off knocking us out of our thoughts.

Jisung just closed his eyes and sighed. "Let me guess, you couldn't think of anything either?" He stated in a sad tone. I just slowly nodded.

"God i feel like a terrible friend, the only thing i can think of is us getting closer to him....but besides that, Changbin, i-if we want to do something in time that is fast, think we might just have to wing it from there."

I couldn't say that i had fully agreed with his words. But at this point what other options do we have? We have zero ideas that could be better than this, yet it feels like anything can be better than this at the same time.

I agreed with him. I didn't want to but it's all we can do for now.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It was very late before closing time again. I had let Jisung go home early saying that i could close up on my own tonight. He refused at first but i was stubborn. He looked sad, mentally drained, and over all just not his usual self. I figured some extra sleep could help at least a little.

I took a deep breath in and looked at the clock.

23:42(11:42pm btw)

I thought back to the little girl from last time and Felix's cupcake. Must have been a coincidence. There is no way anyone is coming. That girl was probably just a one time thing.

I went to grab the shop keys to close early until i heard the ring of the front bell. I turned around and saw the little girl with the same thick winter looking coat.

"M-May i please have 2 mini cupcakes? One strawberry and one chocolate?" She said excitedly.

Again something felt off and familiar about her. I don't know what compelled me to do this but i grabbed one of our shops large strawberry and chocolate cupcakes and put it on the counter ringing it up. They were expensive for deserts.

"U-Um s-sir i think you grabbed the wrong ones. I-I can't afford th-this." She said trying not to come off as dis polite. I just looked at her for a second smiling while taking money out of my wallet and put some of my cash in the register. After paying for it i carefully wrapped them and put them in the bag secretly slipping 2 ten dollar bills inside and handed it to her.

She was in shock. "I-" she started to respond. I quickly interrupted smiling and saying, "this ones on me. Just promise me that you'll get home safely." The little girl looked like she was about to cry. She was about to say something, but instead put out her pinky while looking down embarrassed.

It took me a second to understand until i figured out what she was doing. I put out my pinky and locked it to seal our promise.

"Th-thank you mister," she said while stuttering and leaving the shop. I never knew that i was capable of such nice things. Wow it feels good. Even if it will take longer to save up, I'm proud of what i did.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Felix p.o.v.

I was laying on my bed in pain. I heard the door open. I prayed that it was my dad coming in just to finish me off this time. But it wasn't. It was something much better than death.

"Felix...." Olivia whispered while setting down a bag and walking up to hug me.

"I promise that we won't have to endure this much longer." She said softly.

We stayed silent for a long moment with her just hugging me in the dark room.

"Felix, d-did you know that there are actually other nice people in the world. I-I finally m-met one." That statement made me start to quietly break down in tears, she also started to break down not ling after.

I hope that whoever it was she met can feel my joy right now. I hope that she can use that person to find hope in this dark hellish life that we never chose to live.

{●}{●}{●}

A/n:

I'm not confident in my writing skills :/ that's why the wait was so long. I'm sorry if this chapter sucked.

June 14, 2020
1:54 a.m.
(1,055 words)

~
d.m.