My New Bundle Of Joy (Chapter 2)

• Dedicated to To all of those who inspire me and tell me to follow my dreams

I wake up early in the morning and fix breakfast for both Zak and I. We eat and get ready to go out shopping for my new fur baby. I can barely hold my joy in as I think about how things will go. We go into Vegas and go to a pet shop that they have there. We stop at a business called "Pet Kingdom". When we walk into the store I am overwhelmed at how many pets they have here. They have a lot of exotic pets that I always find cute. I walk to some cages and start to pick up and play with the animals. I got to pick up some baby pigs. I thought that they were so cute. Zak was behind me and would pet the animals that I would hold and talk to them to. I know that right now he is probably thinking that I better not pick out another pet on a whim like I did the dog that we are going to pick up. 

We walk to the dog isles and look around. I pick out his bed, leash, collar, shampoo, and so many toys. We pay for the bill that I ring up and we head off for some lunch before picking up my baby boy. I was in the mood for some Mexican food so Zak took us to "Tacos El Gordo". When we walked in we both ordered and ate. Zak seemed kind of quite and distant. I wonder what goes on in his pretty little head. 

"Is there something wrong?" I ask as I finish a bite of my meal.

"Just worried that the two dogs will not get along together is all." He answers as he finishes up his meal. 

I lean over the table and take his hand, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

"Nice quote, however that does not ease my mind." Zak commented.

I rub my thumb on his hand, "Everything will be fine. I am sure of it. Just calm down. You are working yourself up over nothing."

Zak let out a faint smile, "I am sure it will; because you say so of course. Have you picked out a name? I know that they said he really did not have a name just the name that they gave him."

"I was thinking that I would name him Reznor." I see Zak give a weird look, "What you don't think that Reznor is a good enough name?"

Zak's eyes turn loving again, "I think that it is a wonderful name." He said as he leans over the table and gives me a kiss. 

After I finish my meal we go to the animal shelter. We meet Betty at the front desk and wait for them to bring Reznor to me. There was still some things that needed to be done with him and we have to wait till they are ready to release him. I am sitting on pins and needles as I wait for him to come out. Zak remains quite the whole time that we wait. Soon the doors open and he comes out. 

He runs to me and licks me in the face. He is such a big boy. His tail wags as he decides that he is going to lick my face off. I turn and look at Zak who has a huge smile on his face as he watches. He seems like he is his carefree self again. I put the collar and leash on him and we walk out to the car. Reznor pulls me a little but quickly gets the hang of it.

When we pull up to the house we open the door and Gracie is there and ready to greet us. She sees Reznor and seems happy to meet him. Her tail wags and Reznor's tail wags too. They go and smell each other and then starts to play together. I could hear Zak let out a sigh of relief. The two dogs go into the front room and play. I soon hear a crash that comes from the room. Zak and I run to the room to see what it was. When we got there we soon seen that they knocked over a water fountain. I walked to the kitchen to get the broom and dust pan to pick up the broken pieces and Zak lets the dogs into the backyard. I seen a shadow out of the corner of my eyes and looked that direction to tell Zak that I would like for him to give me a towel to get the water up. When I look up there is no-one.

The thought crosses my mind that maybe the demon has come back. However I do not see how that could be since we got rid of him awhile back. Plus I did not feel scared or anything when I seen the shadow. When I had an encounter with the demon I was always scared and felt heaviness. This was nothing like that. I pass it off as my eyes playing tricks on me and walk to the kitchen to grab a towel. I pass the back door and see that Zak is outside with the dogs playing with them and also in his underwear swimming in the pool.