Nick Leaves The Team (Chapter 14)

It has been about five months. It seems like it has gone by so quickly it has made my head spin. We have investigated 18 different locations and did our filming with the "Ghost Hunters" crew. I loved meeting all of them, but their crew is so much bigger than ours and it was kind of hard to really remember names.

It was the teaming up with the "Ghost Hunters" crew that was one of the worst investigations I have been on. I thought that they would send a few of the people here. But it just seems like it was way to many people around to say that we got any hard hitting evidence. Every time that we turned around there was radio talk. We are use to it being just six people, not twenty five. The only thing that benefited from there being so many people on the team was the research part of it all. But unlike how we are use to that, with it just taking a lunch for all of us to tell what we found, it took a day and a half to really pull together everyone's research.

Unlike how we do things during an investigation, where we are usually locked down at a location for a night, the "Ghost Hunters" crew were against that. We are use to going our own way during an investigation, we are use to going into rooms and spending time in there alone, the other crew always follows the rule of two. Zak has always had the belief that we can catch so much more if we are alone than if we rush up to a ghost and possibly scaring it off a bit. We have always had good luck with that. The other crew goes in twos so that if something happens they have someone else there to back up a statement. They rigged the whole place with cameras as oppose to us that only get hot spots. I guess that different groups do different things and it just works for them.

I know that Zak, Aaron, Nick, Jay, Billy, and myself did not feel all that right investigating a location with them just for the sheer fact that it was a very large crew. It also seemed like when we would get some evidence then the other crew would stop everything to recreate the whole thing before we call it paranormal. This way of doing things just seemed to slow us down and took forever. It seemed like they just were calling us liars every time that we turned around. Even when we would get something from the spirit box they would still come up and try to debunk. With our crew we do that a lot too, but it does not take so long and if it is something with the spirit box we don't go back and try to debunk it.

Not only all of that happened but also we were both having to comply with the channels we work for. There was several calls that had to be made in order to make everyone see eye to eye. There was several heated conversations with Zak, Jason, and Grant over how things should be handled. I was very glad to see that investigation come to an end. The lock down part of it took a week when it usually only takes us a night. In total for that whole location it took us two weeks to get it all done and over with. The only awesome thing is that the other team was very jealous at all of the cool gadgets that we have. They have a lot of cameras and such but we have more than that.

This whole time while filming the next season of the show it seemed like Nick was changing. Off camera he would always go off and stay on the phone. He did not really want to go out to dinner with us ever. He always said that he was going to talk to his wife and kids on Skype.

Zak the whole time tried to act like nothing was wrong, but in bed at night he would talk to me about how he fears that the show will change and the ratings will drop. He has been so concerned with everyone's future from this huge change about to take place. My heart goes out to him in this time. It must be hard to feel that the show and everyone's future depends on you. To be honest I almost think that Zak might be at his breaking point and it is just a matter of time till his bomb explodes.

Aaron has been a trooper through all of this. I know that he has upped his game and has been trying to lighten the mood when he can. The relationship between him and I has gotten stronger. If Zak is not there to help me Aaron always comes to my rescue. At one point of time during an investigation I was locked in a room that use to be used as a witchcraft room where they would try to summon the devil. I tried to stay calm the whole time, but it seemed like I had been in there forever and every time I turned around I would feel a hand grab me. When the door finally opened and I seen Aaron on the other side I never thought that I would be more happy to see him.