The ASPCA Charity Event (Chapter 13)

Zak and I walk into a large room that is filled with people. Waiters and waitresses hum around the floor passing out food till the dinner is served. 

Everyone is dressed casually. Everyone is talking and having a good time. I feel in a way that I am out of my element. I see some of the biggest names in Vegas here. I see that there is Shania Twain, Cline Dion, and Criss Angel.

A very bubbly young girl walks up to us and introduces herself to me, "Hello, my name is Shasta. I would like to be the first to welcome you to this event. Tonight is hopefully going to be a wonderful night where we raise enough money to keep our no kill shelter open for another year. Throughout the year we get donations and all of that money goes to the food and other things to help the animals. Tonight's event is to raise money for toys and other things like the electric bill. Zak has always been such a great sport in this event every year. We are hoping that tonight will be a night like no other."

Zak listens to every word that Shasta tells me, "Just to let you know Linda. Tonight we have been talking about me putting up the shirt off of my back for auction. We also thought that you and I could take pictures with fans and sign autographs for 5 dollars a piece to help raise money."

"Anything that I can do to help, count me in," I tell Zak and Sasha. 

I know that all of the girls are going to sit there and drool when it comes to Zak auctioning off the shirt off of his back. I know that is not going to be something that I would like to watch. But at least he told me about it before anything happens, so he is making some progress from our argument from earlier. 

"Criss Angel has also agreed to take part in the auction of the shirt off of his back. I am so thrilled and sitting on the edge of my seat to see how much money they make," Shasta exclaims.  

"It could also boost the bids if it seems like Zak and Criss are rivals and the bidding is a competition between the two of them," I say as I think of some way to make as much money as possible from that. 

"Linda, that is a great idea," Shasta tells me before she runs away. 

Zak grabs my hand, "Before the auctions start there is something that will happen that will be a pretty big thing. Hopefully a special announcement."

Zak's face glows and his eyes shine as he tells me about it. I can tell that whatever it is he has had something to do with it and is very pleased with himself. Sometimes he reminds me of a child trying to show a drawing. And just like a mother to a child, I am always proud of what he does. I know that since his CD came out he really has not had a whole lot of luck with it. But I am still very proud that he did it. He is in the process of publishing a book at the moment and I know that I will be very proud of him for that as well. 

"So what is going to be the special announcement," I ask him. 

"That is for me to know and you to find out. For the moment just sit back and enjoy everyone's company here. A buffet will be set up for dinner shortly. Everyone you see working right now is all dedicating their time to the cause. I love seeing others step up to the plate and helping out all of these poor defenseless animals," Zak tells me. 

"It is kind of hard to sit back and not help when it comes to animals. To be honest I never thought about stuff like this till I met you. You are the one that has shown me this world, and I am so very glad you did. I love Reznor and am so glad to say that I adopted him from a shelter," I told Zak. 

"I think that if it was not for 'Ghost Adventures' I would love to work with animals on an everyday level," Zak tells me. 

"So I finally meet the man of the famous show 'Ghost Adventures'," a voice calls out.