The Story Comes Together (Chapter 10)

I sit in the big soft chair behind the desk in the office. My eyes are glued to the computer screen as I search for more information on Norma. I figure that I should do a ton of research before going back to the location.

Zak being the wonderful man that he is worked his magic and got the cable channel's approval to bring the team out to the hotel and film the investigation. Of course it did not come easy and there was other deals that he has to meet before they allow it to happen. Who knew that when you ask someone for something that they need a few things in return like that.

So at the moment I am at home alone while Zak is off signing autographs at a book store. The channel representatives think that this will be good for the show since at the moment they are just airing reruns. I guess they are just trying to keep the viewers interested in the show since there are not any new episodes for awhile.

Tomorrow Zak and I are going to an ASPCA fund raiser. When the channel heard about this they thought that it would also be something that could promote the show. But Zak turned that thought down, he does not ever want people to think that he does all of this for the benefit of looking good in front of his viewers. He does not hide the fact that he does it, but does not want some huge publicity thing following it. I think that the only people who really know that he does it, is those people that actually take the time to look up things about him.

Before that event tomorrow we have to go to a studio to shoot a commercial for new episodes of "Ghost Adventures". I wonder what I am going to wear to that. The channel has made a couple of requests. They feel that the male audience could be higher, so they have asked me to wear something that is tight fitting around my chest area. They said if I don't have anything to wear then they will provide something for me. And as always they want Zak to maintain the female viewers and wear a tight shirt that shows a lot of his toned body. I know that Zak has no shortage of those shirts. I think that every shirt that he owns does that for him because he is very muscular. I hate the idea of them making that a very large request. I hate the idea of other women only watching the show to see him when he is my man. I hate the girls that throw themselves at him when we do meet and greets. But I guess that is just the price I have to pay to be with him.

It has been a week since we came back home and I have healed up very nicely. I think that Zak is no longer afraid of that guy that did this to me knowing who he is and wanting to sue based off of the grounds that he thinks that he can get money if he does. Zak made sure that I got a second doctor's opinion on my health and he too seen no reason why we should worry about it. It was just a lot of bruises mainly.

For the past 3 days I have been trying to dig up as much information that I can about Norma. I don't really know anything about her other than her first name and that she was killed a long time ago. I know how she looks but that does nothing to help matters. For the whole 3 days that I have been searching for information I have come up with nothing.

My eyes feel like they are about to cross from all of the reading that I have been doing. I want to go further but every avenue that I take seems to lead me to a dead end. I wish that Zak was here to help, he is always good about finding out what he wants.

I stand up from the desk chair and give a long stretch. I think that I deserve some time away from the computer for awhile. I walk out of the office and walk to the kitchen. I open up a cabinet and pull out a glass. I set it on the counter and open the refrigerator pulling out a bottle of juice. I open it and pour it into the glass. I take a long satisfying drink from it and put the bottle back.

I walk into the front room and see Gracie and Rezor laying by the sliding glass door, sunbathing. I take a seat on the couch and grab my cell phone that is sitting on the coffee table. I bring up a text screen for Zak.