My First Commercial (Chapter 11)

Zak and I enter the studio so that we can shoot a commercial for the show. I try to comply with the request of the station and wear a some what modest v neck cut basic top. Zak of course is wearing a shirt that shows all of his muscles. Zak and Aaron are at the studio as well. They had been there for awhile waiting for us to arrive. When we enter the front doors Aaron stands to his feet from the chair that he was sitting on. He walks up to me and gives me a friendly hug.

"It seems like it has been forever since I have seen you. Are you doing okay," he asks.

I nod my head and am released from his grip. I look back at Zak who has made his way to the receptionist desk. The lady behind the desk is a woman that looks like she is in her mid forties. Her hair is blonde and is in a bob cut. She picks up the telephone and says a couple of things then hangs up.

I focus on Aaron again. It has seemed like such a long time since we seen each other. I think that this was the longest time that we have ever been apart since I moved in with Zak. I know that Zak has seen him since we came back from California, Aaron is his best friend so that is to be expected. Aaron is my best friend too, it is just that I was hurt and since then I have been preoccupied with all of my research.

"How have you been," I ask Aaron.

He rubs his hand on the top of his head, "Oh, you know. Just being me. It has been a challenge not being able to be around my partner in crime. Zak is good with that... but I have to say that you are better. Zak has no problems with demons and shit like that. But at the end of the day he is kind of a 'goody goody' at times and does not take a lot of risks," Aaron says as he giggles afterward.

I laugh with him, "Yeah, I know what you mean. He can be an old man sometimes."

"Who can be an old man," I hear Zak's voice ask. I turn my head and see that he is standing right next to me.

"Dude, you know that you can be an old man sometimes," Aaron laughs.

Zak's lips widen into a smile, "Not as old as that ass sitting on the chair over there. Hell sometimes it seems like if we are not filming the show he does not like to hang around us."

Nick looks up from the magazine that he was reading, "Unlike you asses I have a family. I have a wife and kids. I have to put them first," he tells Zak as he laughs.

"Dude, you are the one that decided to have that ball and chain. That is the reason I am not married by now," Zak battles back.

I laugh at what he just said. But as soon as the words came out of his mouth I cant help but to feel a part of me cringe. I have always thought that it was just agreed on that Zak and I should not be married. After all in our eyes it is just a piece of paper. But what if one day I would like to get married and settle down a little. I know that I don't want any children. If we were to have children that would mean that we would have to give up ghost hunting, and I don't think that is something that Zak and I would ever like to do.

Aaron looks at me in wonder, "Hey, how much time do you have after this till the ASPCA thing? Do you think that you and I could go to lunch," he asks me.

"I am sure that should be fine as long as this does not take forever," I answer back.

At that moment a woman walks through the door. This woman is very thin and tan. She looks like a super model. Her black hair that flows over her shoulders gives her a mysterious look. I cant help but to not really care to much for her. And now I feel the overwhelming need to stand by Zak's side at all times to claim what is mine.

She leads us into a studio room that is all set up for us. She looks Zak up and down and nods her head in approval. Then she turns her eyes to me. She looks me up and down and starts to shake her head, "That will never do," she says.