Norma At Peace (Chapter 36)

Zak and I wait at the LAX airport with Aaron to welcome Nick. I am so thrilled that Nick is coming back to help us put Norma's spirit at rest. This is the first time that I have ever had this overwhelming feeling that a spirit just needs to be put to rest. I know that this goes against what Zak does most of the time, but I just feel that it needs to be done. 

I tap my toes on the ground in anticipation on Nick's arrival. I look down at my cell phone and see that Nick's flight should have already been here. I wonder what is taking so long. It is not like it is a long flight or anything. It only takes a few hours from Vegas to here to begin with. 

Aaron has his headphones on. While he is listening to his music he is also prepared with his camera to vlog. It seems that he has been vlogging a lot. But I get it, he has fans and needs to keep them happy. Maybe with this vlog it will become very apparent to the fans that Nick left on his own merit rather than Zak fired him. Maybe then we can put that whole noise behind us. 

Zak is reading the newspaper. The muscles in his jaw tighten and release as he reads. I have come to know that this is one of his quirks. He does this when he is anticipating something. I wonder if he has always done this or if it is something that has developed over time as he has been investigating. I know that he has been effected from Nick not being on the team. During the investigation last night there was a couple of times that he would call over the radio for Nick to only be reminded of Nick's absence. I know that it is an honest mistake but when Zak is in business mode he does his best to not make any mistakes. 

I look at the time from my cell phone again and see that time is passing away so slowly. I wonder why Nick's flight is so late getting in. I know that they can be late and I know that I have been on flights that were late. I guess I never really took the time to really know how late I was when I finally arrived at my destination. Maybe next time I will actually pay a little more attention. 

People start filing out from a door. I know that a plane just came and they are either going to have to wait for another flight or they have arrived at their destination. Some of the people are greeted by family that shower them with hugs and kisses. Others on their cell phones, possibly trying to get a ride situated or calling to check in with their loved ones. 

Zak drops his paper and Aaron takes off his headphones. Aaron starts to mess with his camera. There is a pause with the people walking through the door. I begin to wonder if that is all the people that was on the plane or if that is from another flight. A couple of stewardesses make their way through the door and I am starting to get the feeling that this was not Nick's flight that just walked through the doors. 

I start to look back at my phone and see Aaron and Zak stand to their feet. I look back at the door and see Nick walking to us. He has a bag hanging from each shoulder. His hair is slicked back like usual, but now he is sporting a full on beginnings of a beard. The whole that I have known him I have never seen him look like this. But the smile that he wears on his face tells me that he is happy in what he is doing. I don't think that I have ever seen him smile that big since I have known him. 

Aaron records Nick walking up to us like the true artist that he thinks that he is. When Nick gets closer to us I decide that I am going to be the first one that greets him. I run up to him and close the gap between us. I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a huge hug. Nick laughs and hugs me back. 

The smell of him is different. From all of the past investigations that I have done with him I know that he, along with the others have their certain smells. Nick use to smell like Old Spice aftershave. Now he smells almost like a field of flowers. 

I release my grip from Nick and allow him to talk to the other two boys. Nick reaches out his hand and shakes both Zak and Aaron's hands. The smile on Aaron's face seems like he can't remove it even if he tried. Zak tries to stay smug and calm, but I know that he is just as thrilled as we are about Nick's arrival.