Enter the Demon House (Chapter 16)

I take one step into the demon house. Zak is in front of me and I am following very close behind him. The house smells horrible, like rotting flesh that has been decomposing for a long time. I wonder how many times that we will find a dead animal in this house over the course of our stay. I start to feel the all familiar creepy feeling that I have for a time in my life become accustomed to. 

Sully walks closely behind me, holding a bag of supplies that we purchased. I look behind me and for a second I can see the look of fear in his face. I know that look all too well, that use to be the look that I seen on other's face when Zak and I had to go through a full blown exorcism. I want to tell Sully that it will be okay, but I can't promise that. I use to think that it would be okay every time that the house was blessed, and was always let down.

The house is filled with dust like it had been years since someone has dusted or even attempted to clean in any matter. With the feeling that I get, I can understand why the last owners have left the house to collect dust.   

The further we walk into the house and make our way into the front room the more I am not liking what I see. In the window panels there rests a ton of dead flies. I have never seen that many dead flies in one place. Given the smell in the house I can see why the flies have been attracted. From the smell of it I can see why a fly would think that this would be their personal heaven.

The more I look at the walls and the ceiling I can also see that this house has developed it's own eco system. The harder I look the more I see all the signs of a spider infestation. Given all of the flies that I see I can also see why the spiders have thought that this would be a perfect place to set up shop. That does not make me any more happy about the fact that I might come in contact with one of the things that make the top 10 list of things that I fear.

Sully sets his bag of goodies on the floor and starts to look around the house, "Well, I think after being in this house, it only supports my decision of not wanting to crash here even more."

Zak just seems to be looking around the house like nothing is effecting him in the least. Almost looking like a man just taking a stroll through the park. I can not believe that none of this is getting to him, given the ordeal that we went through. I want to run up to him and slap some sense into him. I want to yell at him about how this is such a horrible idea and that we need to leave before everything goes south like it did in the past. 

"Are you sure that you want to do this, Zak," I ask him, as the fear grows inside of me.

"Of course I want to do this," he mutters back, caught up with looking around to pay any attention to the fact that someone is talking to him.

Sully begins to set everything up. He places white candles all around the room. He sets up his incense. The smell that the incense gives off is a welcomed smell over the smell that resides in the house. He takes out a silver bowel and a bottle of water. He opens up the bottled water and fills the bowel with it's contents. He sets the bowel on the ground and then takes out the sea salt and draws a pentagram on the floor in salt. In the pentagram he sets up two long stem candles, colored silver and gold. Sully digs in his pocket and produces gem stones from his pocket that he also places in the pentagram.

"Alright, when you are ready I can begin," Sully announces.

I look back at Zak and see that he is making his way into others rooms of the house and looking around. I can not believe that right now he is not focused on me. I thought that he was very concerned with me even walking into this house and now it seems that he could not care less. I look back over at Sully and give him a quick nod, "I am ready."

Sully takes me by the hand and leads me to the top of the pentagram. He starts to chant and run his hand up and down my arms. He rests his hand on my chest and chants more. He then proceeds in touching my head and legs. His chant gradually getting louder and louder in more of a commanding voice.