The White Light (Chapter 31)

I run to the bedroom as Zak continues to scream. It almost seems like I am in a dream and running in slow motion as I run to the bedroom. Like something is holding me back, forcing me to move slower. I run to the door and blast through the threshold. Zak is laying on the floor like he is being attacked. His hands balled into fists like he is ready to defend himself. My heart falls into my stomach as I begin to feel so bad for him that he thinks that he has to defend himself.

I rush to him and kneel over him on the floor, "I'm here. What happened?"

His eyes focus on me and he continues to scream. I don't know if I should stay where I am, or move away a little bit. I wonder if I am able to touch him without him trying to throw a punch into me. He does not look like he is in his right mind at the moment and I fear for my safety at this moment. I place one hand on his cheek and the other on one of his massive biceps. He pushes me away from him as he continues to scream. 

I back away willingly and stand to my feet, watching in horror as he squirms on the floor and screams at the top of his lungs. His body writhes on the floor. His arms flexing as if he is getting ready to throw a punch. I stand there worried about his well-being, but simple thought has hidden away from me. I want it all to end, but not knowing how to make it end.

"Zak," I yell out, trying to snap him out of it. 

This is what Zak wanted from the beginning. I rush downstairs and grab a camera. When I return to the room I turn on the camera and point it over to Zak. I record the time and tell what is going on. I Set the camera down on the floor, making sure that it is still capturing him as he fights off whatever has him and screams. I walk over to him and stand there for a second. I make up my mind that I am going to try to lay on top of him and force him to look at me. I hope that will snap him out of it. 

I stand there for a few more moments as I try to calm my fears of possibly getting hit when I do lay on top of him. I swallow back fear and hold my breath as I fall on top of him. I instantly wrap my arms around him and hold my head up to look him face to face. I try to hush him down. His arms wrap around me, and I feel like I am getting somewhere with this. His fingers dig into my back and pull away, feeling like he is trying to rip me apart. I bite back any screaming. I start to imagine myself shielding him away from everything. 

He thrusts his hips into me, like he is trying to buck me off. I place my hands on his tightened chest and hold myself up on top of him. He starts to hit me in the back with his knee and I fall on to his chest to make him stop. One of his hands digs into my back while the other one tries to push me off of him. I hold my ground and fight to stay on top of him. His screams continue and I begin to wonder how he even has his voice. 

"Zak, come back to me," I beg, as I feel his fingers dig into my skin and I try to fight back screaming myself.      

I begin to recite a prayer that I know, in hopes that maybe that does something to him. The more I pray the more his movements become more violent. His hands punch into the floor and his feet kick wildly. I find it more and more harder to stay on top of him. He screams as his body writhes under me. The last time that I seen him like this was when a demon attached to him. Sweat beads on his face and falls into his hair. The air smells of mold and sulfur. The demon is finally showing his face, so to say. His eyes shoot open and glow a crimson color. 

My eyes fill with tears as I begin to think about the demon that we had to overcome once before. I fear that another one has attached itself to him. The salty tears run down my face and fall on to him, causing him to scream louder. 

"Don't leave me. Please don't leave me," I cry out to him. 

His eyes close and his body goes limp. He is quiet. Everything is quiet, except for the ringing in my ears. I put my cheek up to his mouth and feel his hot breath hit my cheek. My heart feels like it begins to beat again, now that I know that he is okay and alive. I don't know what I would do if my reason for living were to leave my life.