Our First Real Argument (Chapter 8)

I sit back in my first class seat. I have been having the normal flight fear since I knew that he was booking the tickets for us to go back home. My body is still in a lot of pain since the attack. I throw my head back and start to think about how I knew before getting into ghost hunting that I would be attacked by ghosts from time to time, but I never imagined that I would be attacked by a giant Mexican in LA.

I know that Zak is just concerned about my well-being. But I would have loved to have stayed at the hotel to get the answers that I need that I made a promise to myself that I would find. I know that I will be back at the hotel as soon as I am better.

Then the thought goes through my mind that Zak is trying to put me in the back when it comes to ghost hunting. I hope that he knows that he has another thing coming if he thinks that. He might be able to keep me in the back for the show, but I will just do a lot of free roaming on my own accord. I don't need Zak, I have gotten along without him for how many years. I am sure that this will be no different than when I was on my own... Back when I had my own team.

"Are you okay" Zak turns his head and asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I hope that you know that it is by no means over" I reply, referring to him wanting me in the shadows of the ghost hunting team.

"I told you that we will go back once you are healed" Zak comes back at me with, thinking that I am talking about leaving the hotel.

I close my eyes wondering why he would do such things to me. Knowing that my passion is ghost hunting and knowing my reasons as to why I want to ghost hunt. I lost a good friend to the whole thing and know that it can be dangerous, but the joy outweighs the danger in my eyes. Hell I lived with a demon for how long and was taunted by him almost on a daily basis. I have been possessed by that demon. I fought to keep Zak with me. It is almost like a natural high that I get when I am ghost hunting. It is just as addictive than some of the hardest street drugs out there, not that I would know. I see shows on people that are addicted to all kinds of street drugs and see the pain and hardship that they go through to get their next fix or to live without it for a period of time. And really that is the only thing that I can think of to better explain my uncontrollable love of ghost hunting. I am addicted to the paranormal, to learning more, and pushing the boundaries.

"I am more than just your shadow" I tell Zak to give him some kind of clue as to what I am talking about.

"Of course you are. You are my everything" Zak says trying to make me feel better.

I sit up in my seat and shoot an angry glare at him, "If I am your equal then why do you treat me like a phantom of the opera and cast me out to the shadows?"

"I don't want to loose you" he says in a hushed tone.

"I am sure that you were pretty aware when you started ghost hunting that things can go horribly wrong" I tell him. Making my point.

Zak looks down at the ground and nods his head slowly.

"I was well aware of the dangers too. But I wanted to make a difference. I wanted to find things that have never been found. I wanted to uncover the secrets that have been unknown to us for so long. Most of all I want to know that my parents are still there. Yet, you want to shit all over what I have done and will do in the future. Because if I give up now, what I accomplished in the past is soon forgotten." I tell him trying to be very honest with him.

Zak's eyes fall, "What if I say that we only keep you back for the demon investigations?"

"That is still stupid and does not amount to shit. You did not investigate that house with me. I never even knew you when I investigated the house. Yet I brought a demon with me to your house and you were taunted and oppressed by that thing." I tell him almost surprising myself that I just made the most biggest valid point.

"You know that my whole life I have lived, I never really cared about girls. I always had something else going on that I always put before the thought of holding down a relationship. Then I got into ghost hunting. Trust me I did date a lot of girls, but never really brought them home with me. I mean what would they think if something I brought home from an investigation messed with them. I think that I would have an easier time trying to explain the dungeon... But then there was you... When I first heard that you were in the hospital and it was all over the news, I made it my job to find out what hospital. The producers, the CEO's, the corporate executives, and the travel channel never sent me there to visit you. I sent myself there. I wanted to see the girl that lived through that. I seen your face on TV an instantly started to fall head over heels for you. I thought that if I went out there to see you then I might be able to obtain happiness through loving a female that is just like me." Zak started to confess.

I can not believe what I am hearing, "So you were a stalker?"

"Kind of" Zak replied in a hushed tone, like he is embarrassed over his confession. His head sinks closer to his chest and his eyes focus on the floor, "When I started to talk to you, when I spent so much time at the hospital trying to be there for you, I fell in love. I knew that I wanted to take you back home with me. I knew that you are someone that I would regret loosing."

I throw my head back in a fit of laughter. Tears start to form in my eyes due to my outburst. Through my clouded vision I see Zak look at me, curious as to what I find so funny. As I wipe the tears from my eyes I answer, "You were a stalker. And yet I always thought that you would not have to ever had to go that low."

Zak flashes a smile after hearing what I was laughing about, "I don't think that I would have put it that way that I am a stalker."

"Well then what would you call it?" I ask, "And why is it that there when I first moved in you would always leave me at home while you went out to work? Why did you never make the first move?"

Zak laughs slightly, "I do work a lot. I think that you know that now. I was not going to put everything on hold knowing that in my line of work I also have to give the viewers what they want. We just got back from doing investigations and I had to help with editing and commentary. I did not make the first move because I wanted you and I to be like an old fashion kind of love. Where we grow to love each other. Plus I did not want to scare you off... However, I did begin to notice everything when you and Gracie took to each other."

"I noticed that I liked you when you told me that you were going to leave" I admit.

"So really then it is you that made me wait." Zak says with a Cheshire cat grin on his face.

"You are the one that wanted an old fashion kind of love story... Yet if I recall it was me that made the first move" I tell him.

"Well we all cant get what we want. It was just something that I was wishing that could happen. But then again even if we made it how I imagined, there was still that demon, and our love story is anything but normal and old fashion." Zak says.

I have to agree with him, I don't think that I have ever heard of any kind of love story that involved possession, ghost hunting, poltergeist activity, and demons. But that is our love story. Both of us are nothing close to normal. If anything we are extraordinary in the matter of my own opinion. We dare to go to the places that nobody else wants to go. We keeps putting ourselves in danger to get answers for the questions that everyone has but never has the guts to go out and find them.

"That brings me back to why I am upset at you in the first place" I look down at the armrest that separates us. He is laying his arm on it, with his hand clinging on to the end. I know that he has a fear of flying and at this moment it is probably a little more than usual because he is talking to me and not listening to his headphones. I rest my hand on top of his to reassure him that everything will be alright, "It does not matter what you want to do. If you want me to quit doing demon investigations that is fine to think. But if something is going to happen it will happen anyway. I have been doing this for years and think that I have a lot of knowledge about things."

Zak nods his head in defeat. I take my hand and dig into his pockets, taking out his ipod and headphones, "Now please calm down right now. You will worry yourself into a heart attack."