Without Zak (Chapter 19)

"I am sorry Miss. Silver but there is no bail that is posted for Mr. Bagans," the male police officer tells me.

"What in the fuck does that mean. Is it because you are taking your time booking him," I desperately ask.

"It means that he has been booked. But because of the severity of his crime he is not given a bail. Now if you would like to go home and call us later, maybe something might change. But I would suggest that you don't call till tomorrow. Maybe things will change then," the officer slowly explains.

"Can I at least have his cell phone," I plea.

"I will have to ask him about it and see what I can do," the police officer tells me as he walks away from the desk. 

A hand falls on my shoulder. I turn and see that it is Aaron. I wrap my arms around him and sob on his shoulder. His arms wrap around me and pat me on the back. It seems like my whole world is falling apart right now and there is nothing that I can do to stop it. 

"Everything will be fine," Aaron tells me. 

I know that he is just trying to calm me down.

"Miss. Silver? Here is his cell phone," the police officer tells me as he hands the phone over to me. 

Aaron escorts me to the car and drives me back to the demon house. Aaron did try to beg me to stay with him and Sully at the other house. But right now I would rather be left alone. I don't want to cry in front of them all of the time and just feel it will be better by myself. 

When he pulls up to the house I get out of the car. I hear Aaron yelling something at me, but I ignore it as I walk to the house. I can't think about anything else but the pain that I am going through right now. I walk through the door of the house and fall to the ground in tears. I wish that I could just stop living till he gets back. My whole body is in pain as I cry out. Why is it that it seems like everything is out to get us? First it is the demon now it is Criss. 

I regret every second of trying to collaborate with Criss on a CD. I should have stopped everything when I seen that Criss and Zak did not get along. I hold on to the ring on my finger that Zak gave me and I hold on to my first respond bracelet that he gave me. I have wore those pieces everyday since he gave them to me. They have never left my body. I continue to sob till I sob myself asleep. 

***

I am wakened by Zak's cell phone ringing. I take the phone out of my pocket and see that it is Aaron that is calling. I ignore the call and lay there looking around the entryway of the house. The phone begins to ring again. I look at it and see that it is Aaron calling back. I ignore the call again and start to fall back to sleep in my own self pity. 

***

I am wakened by the morning sun breaking through the sky. This is one of my favorite times of the day usually. This is the time of day that I know that Zak and I are together alone. There have been several times that we would make love or talk during this time. I would always stare at Zak's body in amazement during this time of day. I again begin to sob as I think about what I am use to doing this time of the day and how it may not happen again for awhile. I cry out to the heavens to please take my pain away. I hear Zak's phone ringing again. I don't try to get it. I don't care who it is. After awhile I sob myself to sleep again. 

***

I wake up and the sun is down. My stomach screams in hunger pains. I don't feel like getting up from my spot. I don't feel like getting up ever again if I can't have Zak. I my body is freezing cold, but this is what I deserve for ever making Zak go with me to have some teenage fun and skinny dip. This is all of my fault. I can't sleep anymore for the time being. So I am stuck. Stuck in the prison that I have put myself in. My eyes sting each time that I move them from all of the crying that I have done. I look at the walls and the ceiling and wonder what will happen with Zak. I wish that is body was here to warm mine up. I wish that I could go back in time and change everything. But that thought is just a whimsical thought. I am stuck here... alone. It does not take long for me to fall asleep again. 

***

"Fuck," I hear Aaron's voice yell. 

Aaron rushes over to my side and slaps my face lightly. I open my eyes slightly. It is to painful to open them fully. I see Aaron's face filled with worry and fear, "Linda are you okay," he asks.

I want to nod my head, but I simply don't have the strength to move. 

"Sully, get her something to eat and drink. I am bringing her to the bathroom and cleaning her up. I knew that I should have never let her talk me into allowing her to stay here alone," I hear Aaron's voice command and take control. 

Aaron slides his arms under me and picks me up. My arms drape down from a combination of me not caring about moving at all and the fact that I am just to weak to do anything. Aaron brings me to the bathroom. He sits me down on the floor and the bathtub holds me up. I hear the water running in the bathtub. Aaron begins to clean my face off with a wash rag. The water is warm and leaves my face cold again when he takes it away.

I feel Aaron removing my clothes. When I am naked he picks me up and lowers me into the warm water. I don't want warm water. I deserve cold. But I can't fight anything. Aaron begins to clean me off as fast as he can without hurting me. He washes my hair with shampoo and rinses it out of my hair. I hear Sully's footsteps walk into the bathroom and Aaron instructs him to get something else for me to wear and set it out on the bed. I can hear Sully scurry off. Aaron finishes up washing me and takes me out of the bathtub. He sits me down again and starts to dry me off. He wraps a towel around my wet hair and then brings me to the bedroom. 

Aaron and Sully both start to put clothes on my body. After they are done they force water down me. After I am finished with a glass of water they force some food in me. When they are happy with what I take in Aaron sits me up and holds my arms to keep me up while Sully sits behind me and brushes my hair. Sully is as gentle as he can be given the fact that there is a ton of knots in my hair. 

"If you would answer Zak's phone you would know that he might be getting out tomorrow. Now you have to get the hell back to health before he gets back. Sully and I are spending the night to make sure that happens. Zak will be upset with me if he sees you in this condition," Aaron tells me.

My heart skips a beat when I hear the news that Aaron delivers to me. I can't wait to see Zak, "So then he is coming home for good," I ask in a soft spoken voice. 

"Well he has to go back to court and face his sentence. But that wont be for awhile. So I can promise you that you will have him till then," Aaron answers. 

"What are the charges," I ask.

"He is being charged with attempted murder, but we think that we can get that dropped to assault," Aaron tells me.

Sully finishes with my hair and they lay me in bed. They continue to try to feed me water and food. This time I don't mind eating and drinking because I know that this hell is about to end when Zak gets back home. Sully sits on the edge of the bed and watches over me while Aaron runs and gets them something to eat. 

"How long have I been out of it," I ask him.

"About three days almost," he answers.

"I am sorry that you both had to see that. But I thank you for what you did."

"It is no problem. Aaron just thought that you were too upset to really talk on the phone and that is why you weren't picking up. But it totally understandable. You and Zak are made for each other. I know if I were to be separated from my wife like that I would probably do the same," Sully admits. 

Sully starts to stroke my hair, his touch is almost like a gentle mother's touch. Oh how I miss this so much. I could remember when I was feeling bad my mother use to always come up to my room and stroke my hair. We would talk about what was bugging me and she would stay there till she knew that I was asleep. I miss her. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. It has been a long time since I cried over the loss of my parents, mainly because Zak was always there to keep me from thinking about the thoughts. With every touch I fall more and more sleepy, till I fall asleep.