Criss' ex (Chapter 24)

Zak's phone rings. I pick it up, "Hello."

"Hey sis, on my way to your place I will see you soon," Joanne's voice rings through the phone.

"Okay, looking forward to seeing you," I answer, then hang up the phone.

Zak and Aaron are in the front room, busy gathering information about the demon house. I run to the kitchen to get my keys to the car. I walk past Zak and Aaron who seem to be mutes behind their computer screens. I hold the keys in my hand and make my way to the front door. I stop right in front of Zak, "I am headed out," I tell him.

Zak nods his head, "Can you pick us up something to eat on your way back," he asks.

"Alright, what would you like to eat," I ask.

"I don't know. Why don't you pick up something easy like Rally's or Churches. Something that will be easy and fast," Zak answers.

"Aright, I will see what I can do," I tell Zak. I give him a kiss on his cheek and head out of the door.

While driving to the airport I run into a lot of people that seem like they don't know how to drive. I don't know if it has always been this way, or maybe I am just paying more attention to it because I am in the middle of trying to do something. Several times I am cut off by a car who enters my lane, with just enough room for them to slide in between me and the car in front of me. During those times I have to slow down a little bit because I am sure that the if the car in front slows down then that would cause a wreck.

The airport is no joke. I am use to having someone else drop us off at the airport or pick us up. I have never had to be the one picking someone else up or dropping them off. I circle around the airport a couple of times not knowing where to go. I have looked Joanne up on the internet and have become familiar with how she looks just so I don't approach someone else by mistake. I finally decide that I am just going to park the car right in front of the airport and jump out real quick.

After running into the airport like a mad woman on a mission, I run around looking everywhere to see if I can see her anywhere. I run past every airline booth and do not see her anywhere. The further I run I finally make it to the baggage claim. All of the bags slide down a chute and on to the belt. Several people are standing there till their bag slides down. In the seating area I finally see her with five pieces of luggage around her. She is reading a magazine and sitting with her legs crossed, like she is waiting politely for someone to pick her up. She looks up from her magazine and locks eyes with me. She closes her magazine and stands to her feet.

"Hello, I am Linda," I greet and introduce myself.

"Hi, I am Joanne," she answers back.

"I am not meaning to rush you in any way, but we have to make it back to the car as soon as we can. I did not know where to park and so I just parked at the front doors of the airport. I don't know if that is legal or not, so I think that we should get back to the car before it gets towed," I explain.

Joanne grabs onto a couple of bags, "Well then we need to get out there," she calmly says.

I grab on to her other pieces of luggage and we walk out to the car. We load them in the trunk, making sure that they are not going to slide around and damage what is on the inside of them. We slide into the car and take off. Joanne for the most part stares out of her window, looking at all of the buildings as we pass by them.

"So, what kind of information do you have that might help us," I politely ask.

"You and Zak are not the first ones that have went through something like that with him. There have been others that have been through the same thing with Criss. Criss has always been the type of person that he wants to be on top. He wants fame and does not care who he hurts to get there. He must have seen Zak as someone who might stand in his way of achieving something that he wants," Joanne explains.