The Rat (Chapter 26)

Joanne and I sit at the house making calls to all of the storage unit places. Joanne has told me that the name that Criss uses to avoid fans from knowing where he is. Joanne is on the other phone making her phone calls as well. So far I have called five storage places and they have no records of Peter Wilson in their files. To be honest I would bet that by now Criss does not even have the storage place if he did get one. It would be pretty stupid of him to have one after he got rid of the car. 

I know that Joanne is crushing on Aaron. Really, who wouldn't? Aaron is an all around great guy. He is always there when I need him and I know that I can always talk to him. To be honest I think that it would do Aaron some good to have a girlfriend. The whole time that I have known him he has always been single, and to be honest, everyone needs someone to love. I know that Joanne has talked a little about what it was like being with Criss, and I know that Aaron would not do the same things to her that Criss did. 

My stomach starts to growl. I wish that Zak and Aaron would get home soon with the food. Because with all of this happening I am hungry. I begin to wonder if the PI has uncovered anything. To be honest I feel that if he has not obtained any information then there is no reason to keep him. It might be a cold and heartless thing to think, but if we all bring something to the table and he comes up empty then Zak is just wasting his money.

I hear the front door open. Zak and Aaron make their way into the house holding bags of Chinese food. As soon as Aaron walks into the room, he looks at Joanne. I think it is so cute that he is into her that much. I also am thrilled that she likes him as well. It kind of starts to remind me of how Zak and I were in the beginning. 

Zak walks into the room and walks to me. He bends down and gives me a kiss. The smell of him fills my nose and all fear, all urgency, all frustration fades away. He is my rock, my shelter. I honestly love my life with him and do not know what I would ever do without him. There have been times that I have thought about my life prior to him and what it would be if he never came into the hospital that day, and he is the one that brightened up my life. He has turned my world upside down in a very good way. 

We all gather in the kitchen and fix our plates. Zak wraps his arm around my waist as I wait for the others to fix their plate. I can tell that he is very happy with the findings that he has. And he does not even know yet about what Joanne and I have found either. Aaron glaces at Zak and I and smiles as he sees the love and affection that Zak is showing me. 

After we all get our plates fixed we sit out in the front room. Aaron and Joanne sit in the love seat. I have to laugh slightly at the thought that they both like each other secretly and are now sitting on a love seat together. Zak and I sit on the couch together and eat.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that we found the earring at the site. So that is something that you can show to your lawyer. Maybe he can have a test done on it and find Criss' DNA," I tell Zak.

His face lights up like a Christmas tree, "That is great. There is a ton of pictures that we all need to look at and go over after dinner. The private investigator said that when he first arrived at the house that Criss is staying at the windows all had their curtains open. About an hour into it, he said that Criss walked up to all of the windows and closed the curtains. Like he is paranoid."

Joanne's cell phone starts to ring. She fishes it out of her pocket and looks at the number. When she sees the number she excuses herself from the room. Aaron watches her the whole time that she walks out, till she is no longer in eye sight.

"You are just so love struck," I joke to Aaron.

Aaron's cheeks redden, "Shut up, you know it was not all that long ago that I was telling you and Zak the same thing. The only difference is that you two liked to deny it. You both are hard headed leaders. I think that is why I had so much trouble. But when you both get together it is not like you are fighting for power. When one of you bends the other bends. You two mesh very well."