Private Investigations (Chapter 22)

I open the door to a gentleman dressed in a black suit. His jet black hair is slicked back. I almost want to laugh at him because he reminds me of someone that would be cast in the movie "Men In Black". But this is no time to sit and laugh. He is here so that he can try to help Zak in his case. Zak is now dead set on exposing Criss for what he did. It may not help the fact that Zak kicked his ass. But it at least shows the judge that he was kind of shoved into that position. It will be some good evidence to use on Criss when Zak goes to sue him for everything that he has done. 

Zak has been explaining to me how he is going to go about everything right now. While the whole ordeal with Criss does pose a problem with Zak. He is still dead set on making his documentary and trying to have it finished before we have to start filming the next season of the show. That is if the channel keeps the show going. I don't think that Zak has ever felt this type of weight on his shoulders before. He has to keep his freedom and make sure that everyone keeps their jobs. Aaron has started a vlog in hopes of keeping the fans that they still have and possibly getting some new fans on the way. We all are in high hopes that this vlog will show that we are not the horrible people that others might think that we are. 

I did tell Zak about the protesters that have decided to protest right out of our house in Vegas. To be honest I think that Zak could care less about that. They are not hurting us because we are not even there at the moment. And the protest still remains a peaceful protest. I have never felt happier that we take our dogs to a dog watcher while we are gone. I could only imagine what would happen if the dogs are still there with the protesters doing their thing.  

Since the CD has came to a screeching halt, Sully has decided that he is going to go home and be with his family for awhile till the court date comes. He made a flight at the airport early in the morning to get back to his family. He did say that he would come back to stand in Zak's corner when we have to go to court. I do have to say that I am going to miss Sully. He has been a good friend to us and I was kind of getting use to having him here when I needed him. But of course nothing lasts forever and I am sure that his wife and little girl need him more than we do. 

When I invite the man in black inside the house I lead him to the front room where Zak has been preparing to meet him. When the man and Zak introduce themselves formally and then sit down, I take drink orders so that I can make this man feel more welcome. Zak has hired a small team of people to try to bring Criss down for what he did. Of course the lawyer is a given, but Zak has hired the best lawyer that he can find for this case. He knows that given the fact that Criss has a lot more wealth then that will mean that he will have to throw a hail Mary pass just to win this whole thing. But if he does win he is also having Criss pay all of money he had to pay out to try to win the whole thing. 

I walk into the kitchen to start fixing drinks for everyone. I hear Zak begin to talk to the other man about what is happening. I personally am afraid of this whole thing. It just seems that we are out of our element with Criss. But we have to fight. So much rides on this and we are going down swinging. 

I grab a couple of bottles of water out of the refrigerator and make my way back into the front room. I hand Zak and our guest a water, then sit down to listen in on the whole conversation. I want to be involved in this whole thing too. It seems that everyone is doing something, but me. 

Zak watches me as I take a seat, "Linda, this is Brandon. He will be helping in keeping me out of jail and our show to stay on the air."

I nod politely and reach my hand out for the man to shake it. When he does shake my hand, I notice that his hand is not as warm as Zak's hand, but he still has a very firm handshake. I can't help but still wanting to laugh at the fact that all he needs is some sunglasses and he could be in that movie.

Our Ghostly Gift (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara