Dealing (Chapter 32)

Aaron walks through the door. Zak and I are laying on the floor. I am laying next to Zak with my leg over his legs. My head rests on his chest, listening to his heart beats. I never tried to get Zak to bed. I figured that I would just sleep by him and try to keep him safe from the demon that just shown himself. My eyes flutter open and I see Aaron's dark shadow in the doorway. I lift my head up and my eyes focus to see Aaron's features. 

"What is wrong," his worried voice echoes through my ears. 

"What are you talking about," I ask as I rub my eyes.

"I have been trying to get a hold of you two for a long time now. Nobody seems to be picking up their phone. I have tried to call your phone and Zak's," Aaron almost yells at me. 

I look over at Zak and see that he looks so peaceful as he sleeps. Every now and then I can see his eyes go through R.E.M. His breathing is stable and slightly audible. His hair flowing every which way. My attention returns back to Aaron, "He has had a tough night. We started in on the investigations on the house. Everything was pretty quiet for the most part. To be honest I started to think that he was jipped. But once we started to put away the equipment the demon shown himself. It looked like when we had to get the priest to rid us of the demon. He was pretty bad. To be honest I think that he was actually worse this time. His eyes were glowing red. When he finally settled down I called Sully. I found out that I am a white light. After that I fell asleep next to him."

I stand to my feet and see that Joanne is standing behind Aaron. The her brows arch along with her eyes in shock. I could see that fear has set into her. For a moment I begin to wonder if she is going to run for the hills screaming. But to my surprise she continues to stand behind Aaron. I don't know if it is only because of the fact that she is frozen in place. Aaron's hand slides behind his back and holds on to her hand to comfort her. I know that at this moment he is probably very fearful that she just might run away.

"Why don't we go downstairs and talk all of this over with some coffee in us. I am wondering how everything is going with you two," I suggest, as I walk closer to them and try to get them to move away from Zak. I know that he would not like it if he knew that other people were there watching him sleep. To be honest I don't blame him for that. It is a little creepy. 

Aaron and Joanne turn around and start to walk to the stairs, "I think that what is going on with you and Zak is a little more important than what is going on with Joanne and I," I hear Aaron's voice mutter. 

We all walk into the front room and I start to walk into the kitchen to start up a pot of coffee. Joanne walks in front of me and stops me from walking further, "Don't worry. I'll get it. You have had a pretty bad night. It is the least that I can do," she offers.

I nod my head and reroute my path to the chair in the front room. I take a seat in it and look at Aaron for a few seconds. I begin to notice dark purple marks around his neck. It almost looks like he was attacked by a wild animal. Like a freight train it hits me, the dark marks on his neck are hickies, "So are things with Joanne going well," I ask in a playful tone.   

Aaron's eyes widen in shock that I noticed. He lifts up his hand and rubs it on his neck in a slight attempt to cover it up, "Joanne and I are dating. She said that she is going to go back home for awhile while we are shooting the next season. After that she will be moving in with me. But while we are shooting she is going to go back home and spend that time with her family. Her and her mother are very close."

A large smile creeps up on my lips as I hear him talk about how him and Joanne are together and their future plans, "Well that is good to hear. You are like the nicest person that I know and you deserve this."