Back To Norma (Chapter 35)

My alarm on my phone rings, waking me up from a perfect slumber. Today is lock down day for the Californian hotel. The first time that we will have a lock down without Nick. While we have been here for a few days now collecting information on the hotel I have already noticed a huge difference with not having Nick on the team. I know that the show must go on, but I still feel the absence of Nick. He always acted almost like the voice of reason with the team. We are not staying at the hotel that Norma is in, Zak feels that we should stay somewhere different due to lock down hangovers.  

I roll over in the bed and see that Zak is not there. I should have known that he would not be there. When we are filming he is all about business. So that would mean that he has left to try to collect any last minute information or interviews, and maybe some breakfast. 

I roll over out of bed and walk around the bags from my last shopping spree. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower. After stripping my clothes down I step under the hot steamy water, allowing it to cascade down my body, bringing me to life.

After the shower I step out and set up all of my makeup and hair care products. I giggle to myself a little because Zak and I share the same bed and from time to time we will share a soda or water, yet we have not got to the point of sharing the same hair dryer. 

I walk out into the empty room and pick out the outfit that I will wear today. I pick out a pair of black leather pants that has open sides and ribbon running and crossing over each other, and a white and grey Affliction top with a low cut v-neck and ribbon laced through the v-neck. I slip on the clothing that fits like a glove over my body and walk back to the bathroom area. I start blow drying my hair watching my long black and pastel pink locks blow in the hot air coming from the blow dryer. 

I hear the door to the room open and Zak soon appears from behind the wall, "Hey I have some breakfast in here if you want some. I also have some things to talk about with you."

I nod my head and turn off the hair dryer. I make my way to the room and see some bags of food on the table in the room. I start to dig through the bags and find bacon and eggs. I start to eat some of the bacon and sit down in the chair. Zak knows just how much I love bacon and brought a ton of it. 

"Well, the locals know that we are here. Some of them are very welcoming while others are still pretty pissed about Nick being off of the team. I have also been thinking about the last time that we were here and the fight that I got into. So I have hired a bodyguard for this investigation. I think that he might be needed since it is almost like I can smell the hate in the air," Zak explains. 

"So where is he," I ask.

"Right now he is with Jay and Billy while they set up for tonight. I was just there and so far everything is going well. However, there is already a small mob forming to greet us when we get there. They are all fans so that is on our side," Zak answers.

"I wish that people would quit forming their own conclusions on Nick's break away from the team," I remark with a mouth full of bacon. 

I get up from the chair and make my way to the bathroom to finish getting ready for the lock down. I turn the radio on and start bopping around and applying my makeup. Zak is left in the room and is probably going over all of the facts and information before we go on the lock down. There has already been a lot of talk going around online about how he gets the facts wrong, so anymore he tries to read up on the facts before going out on camera to try to prevent that from happening again. 

I turn the radio on to KROQ and drown myself in music as I start in on my hair. The Offspring starts to play "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". I put the finishing touches on my hair and take some time out here and there to dance around to the song.