I Dream Of Norma (Chapter 9)

Zak and I walk through the front door to our house. We are greeted by Gracie and Reznor. Zak starts to yell at the dogs to stay back, trying to keep them away from jumping on me and causing me to be in more pain than I already am. Both of the dogs look at Zak funny because this is the first time that him or I have used a commanding tone with them. I feel horrible that he has to be so dominant, but I know that he must feel equally as bad.

I yawn deeply, my body filled with exhaustion. I know that it is not from jet lag, it is from how much sleep I have been missing out on. I would rather spend quality time with Zak than sleep, I enjoy watching him sleep because he looks so much like a sweet angel, I really could not fall asleep in the hotel in California because I felt like I was being watched, and then there was the attack.

I feel like Zak and I have worked out our problems with him wanting me to stand in the shadows of ghost investigations. That is like a great weight that has been lifted off of my shoulders now that I know that I wont have to be arguing with him about that.

Zak turns around and looks at me with his big beautiful brown eyes, melting my heart, "Why don't you go into the bedroom and lay down. I think that you should take it easy for now and recover. I will fix dinner and bring you something to eat later" he says as he sweeps a strand of hair behind my ear.

I nod and am rewarded with a small chase kiss on my cheek. My cheek instantly warms after feeling the soft touch of his lips. My heart takes flight and other than the pain every time that I move and the need to rest, I am walking on sunshine.

I start to make my way to the bedroom and Zak follows behind me to make sure the dogs don't jump up on me. I walk into our bedroom and take in a deep breath. The welcoming smell of home fills my nose.

I make my way to the bed and hear Zak shut the door to the bedroom. I start to climb into bed, the pain filling my body when I try to climb into the bed. I feel Zak's hands touch me lightly. He is oh so gentle not to hurt me any further. Oh how I wish that his hands touched every inch of my body, bringing me to our own personal paradise.

I lay in the bed and Zak covers my body with a blanket. After he is satisfied that I am warm he strokes his fingers through my hair, "I will bring in our luggage and unpack for us. I will be back with something to drink and eat after a little bit."

"You are so good to me. I am sorry about us arguing. I just know that ghost investigations are my life. I have come so far to just give up... But I am glad that we have gotten over it" I tell him trying to hold my heavy eye lids open.

He kisses my forehead softly, "You need your sleep. Don't worry about it anymore right now. I will be back darling" he says and then makes his way out of the bedroom shutting the door behind him.

I stare at the ceiling thinking about the vacation that we just came back home from. I close my eyes and try to sleep, but I know that my thoughts will keep me up. I hear the front door open and shut. I hear Zak walking around the house.

I look on the bedside table and see the remote control to the TV. I pick it up and start flipping through TV channels. After settling on a nature documentary I lay the remote control down and begin to watch. They are talking about wolves making their way into Yellowstone National Park. It seems so interesting and I soon find myself drifting to sleep.

I am in a room. The room is dark and filled with a musky smell. I hear drops of water hitting the floor. I fumble through my pants pockets and pull out my cell phone. I use my flashlight app to light up the area that I am in. I look around and see nothing but stone walls. I start to make my way down the path that is in front of me. I must be in some type of cave like dwelling.