The Perfect Dress (Chapter 38)

I look around the room. It is filled with some of the most pretty wedding dresses. Joanne is in the fitting room trying on some of the dresses. This whole thing just reminds me of how Zak has not mentioned anything about having a wedding yet. Aaron and Joanne just met and they get to plan their wedding this fast. All the dresses in the shop are very pretty, but I would like to have my wedding dress made for me.

Joanne walks out of the room and walks in front of a mirror and looks at the dress. The dress is one that does not have any sleeves at all. It fits her body like a glove, not really leaving any room for her to gain a pound. If I were her I would try to make sure that there was a little bit of extra room in the dress. After all, you don't know what is going to happen in between the time that you buy the dress and the day that you wear it.

"What do you think," Joanne asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I look up at her and examine it again, "That is beautiful. But it does not look like the perfect one in my eyes. Maybe you might want to keep looking around till you find the one that is perfect."

Joanne looks at herself in the mirror again, "I think that you are right. It kind of makes my butt look big," she says before leaving back into the dressing room.

I wonder when Zak will talk about having a wedding. Will he ever talk about having one? I don't want to push him into talking about it. I think that if I do that then that will possibly frighten him away. That is something that I don't want to do at all. So I guess that I will just kind of wait till he brings up something. Maybe he is just waiting to see if it is something that will work and I can't blame him for that.

Joanne walks out of the dressing room again, "I don't think this one is going to work either," she announces.

I look up and see the big frilled dress falling flowing down to the floor. It almost looks like one of those dresses that you would see on TV that a gypsy bride would wear. I laugh at it, "You look like a big white cream puff."

Joanne laughs as she looks in the mirror at the large eye sore, "I don't want a dress that is real sleek or a dress like this. This one not only makes my butt look big, but it makes everything else look big," Joanne turns to me and studies my face, "What is wrong with you today? I know that taking you away from Zak was kind of taking you out of your element, but I did not think that it would be this bad."

"It's nothing," I try to assure her.

Joanne walks over to me and sits by me, "Don't tell me that it is nothing. We are about ready to be like sisters. So spill the beans before I worry so much about you that I loose all sense and buy this dress because I am to worried about you," she laughs out.

I am so use to talking to Aaron about stuff like this. He is always the one that I talk to and then he will talk to Zak and everything will be fine. But Zak and Aaron right now has their hands filled with working on the last tweeks for the show. I wonder if Zak would be upset that I am talking to her about anything like this. I know that he likes for some things to be kept private and that is why I talk to Aaron about them. Zak really cant get upset that I am talking to someone that will keep it all out of the public eye and his best friend.

"It is just that Zak asked me to marry him a while back ago and since then he really has not said anything about planning for a wedding at all. I wonder when that is going to happen or if it will even happen at all," I spill out.

One of the store employees walks up to us, "Can I interest you ladies in a glass of wine while you look at dresses and try them on," the man asks. I can tell that he is very openly gay and one of the ones that is very high class. He is not bubbly and giddy like my hair stylist who refers to himself as a hair artist.