I wanted to let it go for now because I know that once we get home, it would be different. There's something so bizarre about all of this and rightfully so. You don't just wake up one day remembering a life you didn't know you had. Things don't work like that.

I made my way to the building, hearing Chase's ragged footsteps closely follow me from behind.

"How did he hurt you?" He asked closely.

"Chase, not now please," I begged him as we entered going to the stares.

"Waverly, if he really did hurt you then...fuck...you need to tell someone, we can go to the po—"

"I don't know if he did ok? It some kind of nightmare or something I—" we stopped at my door, two frantic people in fancy clothes fighting over an abuse accusation. People will definitely not look.

"Look, I don't know what it is yet. Until I do, then I can't think of it like that, he's my dad." I argued with him even if I knew that everything he said made more sense than my denial.

He huffs in frustration, crossing his arms, and I breathe before opening my door to the dorm.

Looking at who was sat on my bed, I gasped taking a stumble back. My heart feels as if it just got ripped out of my chest as my breathing stopped.

"Grace..."

"Mom?" I almost shouted out. Fear and anger both fighting over my voice.

She stood there gloriously with her hands on her hips, her long blond hair expertly straightened that flowed loosely on her back. Her face is perfectly made up to match what she wore: a button-up blue shirt paired with skinny jeans and heels.

Despite being one of the sweetest souls I know, once my mother gets mad, it's the end.

She carried herself well, strong and confident especially after her divorce. She would cry for days but she wouldn't show that. People are scared of her sometimes by how much control she held for herself, how high her expectations are. Despite being nice, sweet and caring, like my grandmother, she is dynamite.

A frown bordering shock overwhelmed her features as her eyes landed behind me and my stomach churns.

Oh my god, this cannot be happening right now.

My head spins at the sight. My mother laid her eyes in us, Chase closely behind me wearing a tux and I was wearing a fancy dress. Lord knows what my mother is thinking right now. Her eyes landed on mine like an angry hawk and I tremble.

"Grace Parker...what is this?" She questioned in such a calm manner that her look terrified me. Her nagging voice sounds just as I remember and I don't know what to feel about it.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked, trying hard to avoid the topic as I hear Chase take a step behind me. The air in the room thickened.

"Grace, you answer my question this instant." She pointed a finger, and it was evident that her anger is there. The more I dodge it the worse it gets and I wouldn't want to see that. The last time I saw her so mad was when my father left and this...this is as close as it gets.

"Mom, calm down."

"No." She pressed and I flinch. "Grace Waverly Parker, I've been trying to call you for the past weeks, trying to tell you I was coming for a visit and I thought something had happened to you. Instead, I find you coming home late at night from god knows where—with that." She gestured towards Chase and I instantly felt my blood boil.

She never strikes me as someone who would judge a boy like that. I know he has piercings and tattoos everywhere and she isn't used to that but she doesn't have to great him like an animal.