Chapter 58

"Chase, how are you alive? How can you hate Queen, they are literally legends. Legends, I tell you, " I laughed as we buckle down in his car.

"If we are talking about legends. Led Zeppelin is the name, " he mocked and I groan.

"I stand by Queen." I shrug and he laughs.

After breakfast, he quickly got my clothes, and I got changed. We spent the next hour bantering about the best music of all time and I found out that he and I really didn't have much in common with music, especially when I found out he hated one of my favourite bands. Though it warmed my heart that he kept it — for me.

Not for one second did he mention last night, which I am very grateful for because I don't think my heart could take all the embarrassment. However, he was still his usual perverted self, looking me up and down without a fail. I would blush when he does, and he would smirk when he noticed. Each small act making my emotions clearer and clearer. Right now, I'm not sure we aren't friends or anything more. But whatever this...this thing is, I think it may work if we stay like this.

"So your internship, how's that?" He asked as we drove onto the highway.

"Well, I'm coming in for a training day tomorrow and from there they'll see if I'm fit," I tell him as I savoured the early morning sun.

"They know it already."

I look to him and felt guilty. Right he helped and—I haven't thanked him.

"Thank you for what you did, by the way. I mean you didn't have to, I would've been good without it but—"

"I wanted to prove that I cared." He shrugged as his hand rubs on the back of his neck. A smile crawls up to my lips. Chase Michaels, embarrassed? Never.

"Well, you did. But you should've told me, I don't wanna be in debt to you or make people think that just because I know you—"

"Wave, it's nothing like that. I promise you."

His hand lands on my lap and I freeze, my breath hitching along. The gesture seemed innocent, but knowing Chase, he would definitely take it so much further.

"Chase—" a sly smirk spreads across his face as he continued to peer out into the road, but the hand on my thigh inched a bit higher. My breaths started to get a bit short, so I try to change the subject.

"It...it means the most that you wanted to help out," I say, but my throat seemed to dry to even let out simple words.

"I'm glad, " he mumbled and his hand moves a little higher and wrapping on to my inner thigh. I'm thankful that I'm wearing jeans and not anything short because that's exactly what he would've wanted.

"Do you need help getting to work on Monday?" He asked.

"No, I...uh...I got a car now so I'll be fine, "

He turns to look at me and his smirk only grew when he must've noticed my flushed state, but he never took his hand away. His warm and rough hand now drawing circles so close to me.

"Why?"

I frown at him. "Uh, to drive on my own? I don't wanna be asking favours all the time, " I tell him too sassy for my liking.

"Why are you a little feisty today?" He teased and I roll my eyes at him.

"Maybe you should know the answer?" I sassed playfully, and he raises a brow at me.

"Are you getting antsy because of how close my hand is to your puss—"

"Chase! What the hell?" I yelped, horrified, and he laughed hysterically as I pushed his hand away.

"Can't help it, babe, " He shrugged. His perverted actions never really seemed to bother him, but it bothers me. Not only because of how inappropriate they are, but it's also how it makes me feel. I shouldn't be turned on by his dirty words but I am and I can't deny that.

After a few seconds, I see him roll his head in annoyance as he cursed under his breath. I watched as he suddenly became frustrated, as if he remembered something.

"Wave, can you grab the brown envelope from the compartment and read out the date on it, " he commands me and I do it not wanting to expand his irate.

I opened the compartment in front of me and grabbed the only envelope in it. But as I did, something beneath it catches my eye.

"Did you find it?" He huffed, and I hum a response, picking up the flipped Polaroid with the envelope. I remember this photo.

"You, you kept it?" I chuckled lightly, and he turns to look at the Polaroid in my hand, but he only shook his head.

"Date?"

"December fifteen, " I tell him, and he gives out a sigh.

"What is it?" I asked him, curious why he became bothered but it.

"It's for work." He answered vaguely, and I didn't attempt to push further, it's probably some music or something like he told me his job is.

"So..." I started, "You like polaroids?"

He turns to look at me as I give him a smug look, taking a page out of his book and he looked at me quizzically.

"No, "

I pursed my lips in confusion. Why does he seem to keep or listen to things he doesn't like?

"But, " he sighed as we took our final turn to the campus grounds, "I like that one."

A smile crawled on my lips as I feel the butterflies flutter in my stomach. I looked down facing the picture of me half squinted. He really knows how to make me flushed. I may not be looking at him, but I've known him enough to picture the smirk on his face.

I feel the car slow to a stop followed by the engine being turned off and I quickly reached for the door, but a hand that travelled back up to my thighs stopped me.

"Just so you know, if you still think you're on debt with me for some stupid reason, " he starts, "You've already paid it. Not that you had to." He winked and I feel my cheeks get even warmer. I really need to get out of here.

Walking into the building, he walks beside me and I take my time to admire the white shirt he wore today. The way his tattoos showed through them and how his skin blurred right through along with how he's been acting, I'm seeing him differently. I don't know what we are or if there is even a 'we' at this point, but something about last night tells me he might actually feel the same, and that warms my heart more than anything.

I want to continue denying the way I feel about him because I don't wanna like someone again just for them to hurt me. Especially Chase, but even if I tried, he will always be around and I will always be continuously falling for him and hoping he'd catch me.

"I don't usually like when people stare but you just make it seem sexy, " he chuckled, and I quickly looked away shameful about how long I've been staring but he only laughs followed by a mumble,

"You're cute, "

I look at him amused because, by the way he looked away, I can tell he didn't mean to say it out loud and that even makes me feel warmer towards him.

"What?" I teased with a chuckle and he snaps a look at me, his face pretentious.

"What?" He mocked, and we burst into laughter just as we reached the door. I wish it would always be like this, I love watching him laugh.

"Grace Waverly Parker, where we're you?"

And just like that, I've left Neverland.