Chapter 50

After the unlikely encounter, I head back at the bistro; I decided to just drive around the city and just familiarize myself. It truly is different when you're driving alone. You get to appreciate everywhere you go. From the low palm trees near the beach to the traffic around the city, LA is a beautiful place in its own way. I contemplated going to the beach and just hanging out, but I didn't really feel up to it since my mind was preoccupied with the thoughts of Chase's sister. The question of why they had different last names and how Chase spoke about me still lingered in my mind that it bothered me.

It is flattering to hear all about that from his sister, but it surely just gives me more questions that needed answers for. Adding more mystery to Chase's case. It would be great to ask him all about that, but I don't really want to talk to him or see him.

When I arrived back at my dorm late in the afternoon, I'm surprised to find Christian, Dani, Ethan and Julia sat around in the room, laughing and joking to themselves. When they see me arrive, they erupt into greetings and I laugh.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked placing my car key on my desk and Dani exaggeratedly gasped.

"Oh...did little Grace finally get a car?" He squealed, and I laughed. Dani surely had he's own very quirky personality.

"She did. I tired of not having one, " I replied sitting beside Christian who smiled at me.

"Oooh, fancy you should take us for a ride sometime, " Julia gushed.

"Yeah, and we'll pray we don't die, " Christian mocked, and I hit him playfully.

"Hey, I'll be the first to tell you I'm a pretty good driver, "

"Yeah because no one was brave enough to drive with you in the first place, " Ethan laughed and Christian high-five him. They seem to be in a playful mood right now, and it's kinda entertaining to watch.

"All right, all right. What are you guys doing here?" I finally asked.

"Well, we wanted to convince you to come to the party." Dani blatantly informs as he played with his nails.

"Uh, sorry, but no. I'm not into that anymore." I say to them and they frown.

"Oh, come on, you enjoy the parties and its been fun. We promise not to let anyone dump beer, " Julia crossed her heart, and I laughed. If only she knew the many reasons, I wouldn't wanna go to a party with then anymore.

"Really, not going. " I clarified, and they all looked at me in disappointment.

"You are no fun you know?" Christian smirked and I nudge him making him show a fake hurt. I laughed at him and he does too, he looks adorable laughing.

Not like Chase, though. My subconscious pops and my breath catches in my throat. Why must it remind me of that dreaded boy?

"You can call me whatever you like, I'm still not going, "

"I could hang out here, I'm not feeling the party spirit, " Christian shrugged and I chuckle it was sweet and it would be nice.

"Sure, if you want to, " I tell him with a smile.

"Settled, " he beamed.

"Girl, you really gotta go to something. You can't be in here revising or doing boring stuff. Girls gotta have fun." Dani added, and I frown. He is right but, I have fun in my own little ways.

"Ooh, what about Julia's birthday, that's in nine days, right?" Ethan chirped and my eyes widened. I didn't know her birthday was that soon.

"Oh yeah. I'm planning to go to Malibu, you know, just to hang. It'll be a few people, literally just this group and Brianna, no one else." Julia said excitedly. "Will you come?"