Chapter 52

"Get in, " Chase commanded as he rolled out one of the shopping carts. For the past five minutes, he has been asking me to sit in the cart like a little kid and I am just so confused.

"For the last time, I won't." I laughed, I can tell he was definitely getting annoyed but then again I don't know why he's doing this. He's been so pushy over me getting into the cart and I don't know whether to be concerned or amused.

"To be clear, you're my hostage now and I'm not letting my hostage loose, " he joked and I laughed though he managed to keep a straight face.

"How the hell is that gonna convince me to get into the cart?"

He raised his brows at me as he scoffed but I only crossed my arms. He's been acting like a child ever since he got the damned cart and it's honestly hilarious. If he thinks I'm gonna get in it then he is just wrong.

"Alright, " he shrugged and took a step towards me but stopped when my eyes widened and I took a step back.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" I say in an attempt to keep him as far as possible. He smirked at me and I tilt my grad at him like he was some kind of criminal.

He only raised his brows and moved closer to me and every time he did I'd take one step back and to both our surprise, I squeal at his unhindered insistence and he laughs. And before I knew it, I was lifted off the ground by my hips.

"No! Chase let me go!" I laughed as I squirmed when he finally placed me inside the cart. He chuckles when I couldn't do much under his grip, he was much too strong for me and I ended up being on the cart anyway. I glare at him as a few passers-by looking at us like we were the weirdest thing they've seen. Though I'm not surprised.

He chuckles at my upheaval but I only cross my arms at him as he pushes the cart into the big and crowded grocery store.

"Are you gonna tell me why I have to be in this thing?" I snap as he brings us to the isle of snacks and I looked through them.

"You're the hostage. Now pick what food you want." He demands and I roll my eyes. I don't know what has gotten into him ever since we arrived here but it's definitely out of character for him. Is he drunk or something?

"What about these?" He asked lifting a peanut butter m&m and I give him a sour expression. He lifts a brow at me then scoffs.

"So you don't like syrup, and m&m's. You are a monster, " he jokes and I shift on my very uncomfortable seat.

"No, I don't like peanuts. I love m&m's I tell him proudly and his eyes widened.

"The peanuts are the best parts." He argued like a child and I laugh at him.

"You're being weird, " I tell him truthfully. He really is being weird, just minutes ago he was being forceful and hostile and was about to beat up a guy over nothing, now here he is acting like everything is fine and jolly.

"What do you mean?" He questioned carelessly throwing the pack of peanut m&m's in the cart with me. I flinched at the sudden move and glare at him.

"I've never seen you act like a child, " I laughed as he threw in another pack, this time they were plain ones and I try to fight off a smile.

"That's because I don't. I'm just being nice."

"Right, yeah cause being nice is putting someone in a cart and calling them your hostage, " I said sarcastically as he pushed further into the aisle and I gasped.

"Alright, you asked for snacks...take some cheetohs," I exclaimed excitedly. I live for them cheesy treats.

"You eat that garbage?" He sassed and I gasped at his very, invalid opinion. He can't possibly hate those lovely treats, I mean I didn't call his disgusting peanuts garbage.