Chapter 5

His eyes continued to bore into mine as I seemed to have leaned in further to him, my body moving by itself and I expected him to move away but he didn't.

Once I was close enough to him, I expected him even to have a smug look on his face, but his lips stayed slightly parted, and his eyes still dead. We were so close that the faint smell of mint from his mouth filled my lungs and our eyes met again, a flash of hunger showing itself but disappeared quickly.

I watched his soft features replaced by something rather hostile, and I knew it should scare me. That I should step back and just listen to his warning, but somehow, I couldn't. Every ounce of self-control, almost nothing.

"Careful, " he repeated his voice lower and raspier than before and I felt chills travel down my spine. What is he doing?

I feel the boundary between us closing even further as I watched him lean in and my hand instinctively traveled to his chest but was too soft that he didn't see it as a stop sign, and my hand felt frozen in place. "Who should be careful?" I asked this time more slightly aware of the question but not knowing where the origin was from.

I'm too focused on his close lips that I hadn't noticed the finger that rested on my chin and the anticipation of the people in the room who were probably watching intently, wondering what's gonna happen just like I was.

"What?" He said a slight seduction in his voice as his lips grazed upon the corner of mine and I felt myself take a sharp intake of breath as electricity emerged from where his lips had grazed and traveled around my body and I was suddenly more aware and I tilted my head away from his lips, the lost of contact was bothering but I ignored it before speaking,

"Aren't you afraid I'm the one you should be careful about?" I queried and a few 'oohs' I heard from the background and I felt his brows raise upon my skin as I grazed my lips to his attempting to kiss lightly just to respect my dare before pulling away leaving the poor guy dumbfounded and my drunk self was daring enough to mouth to him, "Careful, " as I leaned back to the frame, a proud expression on my face.

The alcohol and its effects felt good for now and my confidence fits well in my skin too that I didn't wanna see the time when it would disappear. Though, I now question whether my actions were the drunk in me or was I using that as the excuse for my unacceptable actions.

It's only my first night in college and I was already doing things like this? Maybe moving away from mom is a terrible idea.

Mom. Oh God, if I told her this is what I've done on the first night, I would worry her sick and bring it out on my father. I don't want her to worry or think I was irresponsible because of this and just it's just one night, maybe I deserve it. God, what am I becoming?

If I was with my mom, I'd be at home studying or watching a movie or writing songs, but here in LA I am at a party being dared to kiss a boy I barely knew and probably hates me, drinking alcohol. It's just the first day. I could already hear my mom's complaints and her scolding. I can see her disappointed look as she tries not to cry and her voice breaking. I've always hated seeing her mad, for any reason. It breaks my heart because I knew she had already gone through that with my dad and didn't want her to feel that way again, so I tried to be as good as possible. But here I was at a bar, with drunken kids, probably without a way home.

What am I supposed to tell my mom?

The rest of the night continued, and I finally accepted Christian's offers for a seat. We both spoke about our courses and I found out he was taking Psychology because it has been his dream since he was younger.

As we spoke, I grow more comfortable towards him; I bet I'm more comfortable with him than I was with Julia and the thought itself makes me smile.

Christian is a personable guy. Half-way through the conversation, he asked me for a drink and politely got them. He always had a warm smile on his face, welcoming and sweet, his eyes would slightly squint as he smiles and dimples would show and he would look adorable in such. However, he had tattoos like Chase's group but much less and that's when I found out they were best friends. I was a bit in shock because how can this God of a man be friends with Lucifer?