Chapter 72

"Wait, so what's up with you two?" Apollo queried when we were finally left alone by Chase who went to his own third class.

It's only Thursday, and it's been pretty hard trying to keep a straight face every hour.

We both agreed on keeping it low for a while and although it worried me, I'm reminded by the fact that this is all new. So I agreed.

"Nothing, we're just...in good terms, " I lied despite already feeling guilty about the other lies I've thrown at him. Thankfully though, Chase didn't mind me hanging out with him, but he made it clear he gets frustrated when I'm with someone else.

"Oh, really?" He questioned, and I frowned.

"Yes, really. Not everyone has to be bad, "

His eyes widened at my contradiction, "You are talking about THE Chase Michaels. If one person can stay bad forever, it will be him, "

I feel a sting as I realized that his insult hurts me too. It wouldn't make sense that after a month of calling Chase a monster that suddenly, I am defending him. I've seen him, the good parts, and I wish he would show it to more people so I wouldn't have to listen to everyone calling him all these things.

"He really isn't, I found that out, " I admit as we enter the auditorium. He scoffs in disbelief, followed by a chuckle.

"Dang, he really put a spell on ya, huh?" The irate in me only grew by the second.

"No, he didn't, " I argued, only to realize that I'm giving myself away.

We sat down and his eyes fixated on me, dumbfounded. "Ok, jokes aside, I'm starting to worry now, "

"Can we not talk about this? " I groaned, knowing that if he doesn't stop, I might be the one exploding.

"Grace, I'm just saying. I warned you-"

"Everyone has warned me Apollo and honestly, maybe I just want to give him a second chance." I snapped, having had enough of his words. It's not such a marvellous idea defending the devil himself like this, but I can't help it.

We have a good thing going on for the past few days and I sure as hell wouldn't want anything to come between that. He's being candid about things and trying his best.

Apollo stays silent after my words, and I couldn't be any more relieved. If he continued to speak like that, I surely would have given him a piece of my mind.

Chase isn't perfect, he's not even an inch close to being one, but he's different. I know that Julia didn't approve of whatever it is going on with us, but she never questioned it and I'm thankful for that. Everyone knows Chase is bad news, and I knew it too, but when he told me the story of his tattoo about second chances, I can't help but admire him. I see him in a unique light now, and I still have doubts and I'm sure everyone else would too, but they don't see him the way I do.

None of them sees the way he smiles or the way he squints his eyes when he gets annoyed, or how he gets easily irritated by the smallest of things but in such an adorable way. It's too early, too quick for me to think about him this way, but every second with him makes whatever I feel grow, to a point of no return.

• •

The day finally ended so quickly and relief washes over me. Luckily for me, Apollo had left the Chase situation alone.

"Any plans for today?" He asked as we made our way out of the building.

"Nope, probably just prepare for my work tomorrow. We've got two artists in." I smiled.

"Lucky, our studio has been a bit dry lately."

I laughed at his statement, but just as I was about to take another step down, I see the last person I wanted to.

Ripple | ✔ (Old Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें