Chapter 85

"Are you ok?" He asked as I sat in bed, still bare but covered in the unstained covers. I look at the bloody sheets on the floor as I watched Chase get dressed as if nothing ever happened.

"Yeah...just a bit...sore, I..I guess," I said low with my hoarse voice and he turns to me with a faint smile. I look down guiltily on the bed, playing with my thumbs.

I feel the bed dip beneath me and I look up where I found Chase on all fours, staring straight at me.

"I'll go run a warm bath for you ok?" He mumbled, planting a soft kiss on my forehead and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered.

"Ok." I smiled back, the previous confidence I had disappearing.

He plants another kiss on my nose before disappearing into the bathroom.

The bloody sheets stared right back at me as if mocking me of what I had done, but I didn't care. Not yet, at least.

I've always expected my first to be with someone who I loved, trusted and certain. I wanted my first to be with someone safe. I had also dreamt of it being in a fancy hotel room in a honeymoon escapade overlooking into a beach. The sun would've just set and I would be with my significant other, ready to go through life as one—but no. My first is with Chase. In his luxurious loft, with a hint of aggression in bare daylight.

It's different from what I had imagined; unique to be exact, but I couldn't care less. I was with him and I love him, even if he wouldn't let me say it. I am his and he is mine, it's what he said and I believe him. For a boy who had a history of no relationships and terrible street quarrels, he had the touch of an angel but the mind of a devil. If I had to think of a second-best for my first...he would be perfect.

The way he touched my skin and kissed my lips still lingered on my sticky skin, and the echoes of his voice remained. My only concern is that one day—just like everything he has done—he would do something that would make me regret this and everything. I don't want to live to see the day where I wake up from this...trance-like state. A blissful sleep. I don't think I could take it.

From across the room, I hear my phone ring and I groan, realizing that it was still downstairs along with my other things. I wonder who might call me tonight.

"Do you want me to get that?" Chase's voice came from the bathroom through the sound of the rushing water and I smile. I never would have guessed he's the type to be this caring.

"No, I'll just check it out later. It's probably not important."

His head pops out from the bathroom with a grin before popping back in, and I hear the squeak of the tap being turned off.

"Bath's ready." He announces and I get on my feet. I wince immediately as I stood up, feeling the repercussions of our actions. I definitely should've thought this through.

"Do you need me to carry you too?" He teased as I find him leaning in the door frame with his arms crossed and I blush. I mean, he surely would've thought about what I might feel after since he's more experienced.

How many—nope we are not letting those thoughts in.

I reach the bathroom and the first thing I noticed was the aromatic smell of lavender and lemons, a soothing combination as the warm moisture of the air immediately soothes my sore body. I held the cloth closer to my body by instinct, even if he had seen me.

"Get comfortable, " he said lowly as I hear the door close.

Disappointment spills over me when I realized he won't be joining, but I guess that's a good thing when I need time to think.