Chapter 19

His strong hands wrapped around the ledge of the door, preventing me from closing it even further. I threw all my books and bad across the room to not constrict me from anything as I pushed on the door.

"We're not done, Wave, " he growled like a criminal.

This all feels like a nightmare I know I wouldn't wake up from. The anger made my blood boil and my tears were painful as they pricked my eyes and my teeth tore from biting too hard. I was beyond mad at this point and my mind was raising.

My chest hurts as my heart tires. It had been going too fast for too long. I just wanna beg him to leave me alone and never see me again but even that would lead me further through hell so instead, I shout,

"JUST LEAVE!"

"NO! No one tells me what to do!" He roared, and I shuddered. I was really pushing some of the most dangerous red buttons here, but I didn't care. I started hoping that Julia was here.

The door budged in again but I held on, stronger than before. As he pushed it, it got heavier and my arms became numb, but I still fought through it. If he comes in here, leaving us alone in the room, who knows what he could do, what I could do.

"Waverly, I will push this door down if I have to!" He threatened loudly, and a squeak came out of my mouth as fear slowly fought its way out, my hands trembling.

"No!" I shout back, my voice is now hoarse and tired. I couldn't decide on whether to cry or scream out for help, I was just that of a mess.

"No one says no to me!" He growled, and the anger creeps its way back again as I felt my vision darken.

"You are a sadistic, egotistical and heartless asshole, " I taunted, a part of me regretful and another proud.

For a moment the other side went silent, and I had taught he had finally given up. Oh Lord, I wished I was right. Tired and irrational, my grip loosened. It didn't even take a few seconds for me to stand up straight before the door flew back, sending me stumbling backwards.

A scream from deep within threatened its way out, but I'm silenced at the sight of Chase. His eyes were ablaze, fists made, and the veins in his arms were prominent. He pushed the door closed behind him, leaving us two alone in a compact room. No exits, just our angry souls fighting.

His eyes bore into mine and the fear I buried crawls its way out, but I keep it down. Not only was I fighting with him, but I am also fighting with myself.

"Do you know how crazy you sound?" He bellowed, his presence and tone absolutely menacing.

"Me? Crazy? You're the one who chased me like a fucking psycho!" I yelled, the anger in me overpowering. He scoffed at my response, turning his head ever so slightly as if he was also holding back his own demons.

"Maybe if you wouldn't have screamed outside, then I wouldn't have!" He yelled back and I slightly flinched. The distance between us was far too close and too dense, like a wall was between us. He stood just in front of the door and I stood about two feet from him. If anyone else was to be in here, they surely would've died from the tension itself.

"What is wrong with you?" The question almost came out as a whisper, the enormous sign that my voice is tired and damaged from all the yelling.

"Me? You've gotta be fucking with me." He snarled with a scoff.

I tried to think straight and focus my doubled vision, but I couldn't. My knees felt weak and my head pounded like drums. The ringing in my ear grew louder as it felt like every ounce of energy in me was being used up by him. And with no proper thought process, I asked,

"What is so wrong with me, so bad that you wanna destroy me?"

I sounded pathetic, too pathetic that I even felt pity for myself. My voice was shaky and breathy. I knew my body was fighting through the exhaustion of all this spontaneous fight, but it was just getting too tiresome.

I watched his face and how his eyes widened by my words. His lip slowly parted and for a moment, I saw him wear an emotion I couldn't possibly believe. Even his eyes softened and I found my anger had risen again. He can't possibly feel bad now.

"I—" he struggled. His eyes lowered to the floor, and I scoffed at him and his pretentious acts. As I raised a taunting finger up pointing at him while taking another step closer to him, my mind lets out the first thought comes through my quivering lips,

"You are a sick, SICK monster, " my trembling whisper even scared me. I felt the pain just as he had heard it and his eyes landed on mine much darker than I remembered. Even the bright afternoon light didn't send any comfort my way.

"You don't know what you're talking about, " he growled.

"Yeah, cause I am just that stupid aren't I?" I retorted through gritted teeth and before I know it, his strong arms wrapped around my waist spinning me around, pinning me to the door behind him. I let out a grunt as my back hit the wooden door, banging all the air out of my lungs. His face was close to me now, and my eyes widened at the realization that his body pressed into mine.

I felt his chest heave up and down rapidly as his eyes stared into my soul and I did to him. His breath was warm and minty and his body was heavy on mine. Then it felt like everything had stopped.

"Shut up." His voice, low and raspy as I felt his chest rumble against mine. The tears brimmed my eyes, and I knew he was watching me fall apart, but the amusement in his eyes disappeared and I couldn't read exactly what he had.

"Go ahead, "

"What?"

"I said go ahead, do your worst. You would love that, wouldn't you? Hit me, shout at me. I'm don't trying to fight you. I'm tired." I trembled, finally giving in, but he only looked me in the eyes with shocked written across his face.

"I don't know what I did wrong. I don't exactly know why it's me who you play with when you can–"

But before I could even continue, my entire body froze as his warm lips crash into mine and I watched as his eyes closed, letting his aggression roll-off onto my lips.