Chapter 15

The rest of the weekend passed by fairly quickly. I had spent both days submitting resumes to studios and finishing up the music project. Chase never came back, leaving me to work on the song by myself. He proved to me just how uncommitted he is to anything. I'm upset and relieved. Sure I was grateful that I didn't have to deal with him and his disgusting antics but it upset me he had left me working on something all alone, something he had picked me to work with.

But then I guess he just wanted someone to do the work for him.

It's Monday morning now and I'm sitting here in the middle of music class, thankfully Chase isn't in. I wonder if he comes to his classes.

I fiddled with a flash drive in hand, ready to submit it after class as I disappointedly chewed on my lip.
Not only was it disrespectful that he didn't come and work the song, but it was weird.

The events of the party were hazy, but I could vaguely remember him offering me to stay in a room, just being nice. I vaguely remember him being a decent human for once, and here I thought he would go through with it. I'm guessing that was just one of his manipulative ways.

The realization dawned on me halfway of working on the song. He was probably just being nice to me so he could gain my trust and make me do things as he does with other people. Just like a piece to his game. Well, too bad, I will not be one. I honestly don't know how anyone would find him attractive or even decent. He's complicated and too much work.

My thoughts seemed to have pulled my focus away too far that I had only returned when the loud ringing of the bell rang through the hall.

On my way out I gave my song to the professor, and he says something that angers me

"Thank you, miss, Parker. I apologise for you working alone. Mr Michaels just submitted his own work to me this morning through email and told me you weren't working with him?"

I looked up at him, my eyes wide and my head spinning. He did what?

"Uh, Sir, he offered to work with me. I did, but he never came, " I defended, too loudly for my liking, and the professor raised his brows.

"Well, if that's the case then I apologise, I will try to talk to Michaels." He apologized sincerely, and I nodded before walking away to my next class.

My blood boiled at the realization of what he's done that I was sure I looked stupid stomping to my next class, but I didn't care. I was mad, not angry, mad. Mad that he decides to not work with me then send his own song in claiming I didn't work with him was just overly outrageous, that I can't even seem to comprehend it in my mind.

All I know is, I better not see him or I will burst into flames. I don't care if he hits me or humiliates me again. I am done with his games and his stupid manipulation. I am done feeling weak, and I sure am done being the bigger person. Someone needs to put him in his place.

The rest of the day dragged on with my added anger. The entire day, all I could really think about was how horrible this guy is. I must've radiated enough anger that that left me to sit alone at the back of the hall when I was in my psych class. Everyone avoided eye contact, but then again we were learning about body language, I guess my distress was obvious.

I needed to talk about this with someone before I lash out on innocent people.

Desperate to talk, I pulled out my phone and called Dani as I walked back to my dorm.

"Hey, girl! What's up?" his cheery voice boomed, and it comforted me.

"Hey, I just needed someone to talk to, " I sounded more worked up than I intended.