Chapter 11

My eyes burned as the tears finally flowed as I locked the door. Shocked and afraid, I wandered to my bed and stared blankly into oblivion.

I can't believe that he was actually that heartless to do that. I can still see his burning eyes and feel his breath on my neck. It repeated in my head all over again and I couldn't comprehend it, I just felt — numb. I must've underestimated his abilities and how far he will go.

My hands still trembled. Now and then I would take lengthy breaths to ease the pain in my chest. Should I go downstairs and meet him as he said? No. All he's gonna do is just stand there, call me weak and make fun of me. I've lost enough self-respect to him today, I'm not about to lose some more.

Finally collecting my thoughts, I stood up and headed to the bathroom to wash my face and fix myself. On the way in, I took notice of the slight indent on the door and gasped. That could've been my face.

Not wanting to think further, I cleaned my face off and sat back down on my bed. I don't know if I should call my mom or my dad, but I know they'll be coming here worried and probably making a big scene. I decide against it, I've already dealt with enough.

Looking at the time on my phone, it's been half an hour. I've been sitting here, idle for half an hour. It felt like it's only been five minutes. Aware of the time, I scrambled back to my bag, taking out my notes for today, and began studying.

Occasionally, my hands would shake as I write. My mind would wander and the images of the devilish eyes would flash, then I would tremble. I am still mad at him, yes, but more so afraid. He's definitely made himself a monster to me, so if that was his plan, he's already done it. I wanted to crawl underneath my blanket and cry, but no. I've wasted enough tears.

A few minutes into my study, someone knocks at the door. My hearts skips a beat at the sound and I jolt. It must be Julia.

I walked up to the door, anticipation leading the way. They should really have peep-holes here. To my surprise, it was the blue-haired boy, Ethan. I smiled at him, hoping he wouldn't notice that I had been crying.

"Hi, sorry to bother but Chase said he was waiting for you. He asked me to tell you, " he said, and my heart drops. He really had the idea to ask someone to come get me. It's not like he's a God or something.

"Uh, he told you to come get me?" I said redundantly, and he nodded with a smile.

I shook my head and shivered at the thought. I contemplated going but my thoughts cut off quickly, "I would suggest going, he already looked pissed anyway, " Ethan commented and a nervously scoffed.

"Why are you around here, anyway?" I asked trying to change the topic feeling rather uncomfortable. "Well, my girlfriend lives in the same building and I saw him downstairs. He called me and told me." He shrugged. I felt my cheeks redden as I realize that he asked someone to get me like a kid. He looked at me worriedly.

"Look, if you don't wanna go that's fine, I'll take the hit for you but—"

"Wait, wait, whoa, what?" I cut him off, shocked with his offer, and wondered if taking it seriously was right.

"Well, if you don't come, he'll most likely think I didn't come to get you so he'd be mad, but it's not as bad as you think, " he defended as if to make sure I didn't panic. I appreciate it, but I am most definitely panicking. I scratched my head in thought.

"No, no, I don't want you to get hurt by me, " I finally gave in. He's being sweet and all, but now I know Chase. I know what he did, at least. The thought of him doing something worse to Ethan sickens me.

He looked at me with soft eyes, "Hey, just be careful around the guy, yeah?" He mumbled, and I nodded with a chuckle. "Seems to be a common phrase around here, " I joked, and he only let out a concerned smile. "Well, he's a force to be reckoned with, "