Chapter 87

"What's taking you so long with that stupid makeup you clearly don't need?" Chase groaned while laying on the couch, his feet dangling on the back of it. I laughed at his annoyance as I sat on the floor just finishing up my hair that I've put into a messy bun updo.

"Well, makeup usually makes people feel good about themselves. I mean have you seen Dani's? Do you ever wonder how that beautiful makeup come to life?" I joked, staring back at my reflection on the mirror.

I remember the time when I would be more comfortable wearing just a little makeup but now here I am with red lips and rosy cheeks. Oh, how times really have changed.

"Ok, fine if it makes you feel good about yourself, then fucking fine. Just don't do it when people are waiting." He groans again, getting up and I turn to him.

Tonight he wore a black tight-fitted button-up shirt with a black tie and black dress pants. He looks ravishing as always with his nicely gelled hair; he always aces it when it comes to his looks. He never looks bad.

"Too bad. Beauty takes time." I stood up, picking my stuff up to put it in my bag but I was distracted.

Memories of last night flood through my head again as I stood wearing the same dress. I can never get over how beautiful this looks and now that it's part of an experience, it holds so much more.

Chase appears behind me, letting his hands travel up to my shoulders and I smile.

"So how long will it take for you to realise that you're already beautiful the way you are?" He asked, planting a kiss on my shoulder making me shiver.

"Chase, " I warned knowing how tempting he can get, especially since he would do anything just to not go to the party.

"What? I'm being sweet aren't I?" He teased, tilting my head to the side, kissing me further. My breathing hitches at his actions knowing that if he doesn't stop now, then we won't make it to the party.

"Chase, not now," I tell him my voice coming out more like a moan as he continued his tempting ways.

"Wouldn't you want to do it all again?" He teased again now staring back at me through the mirror as he smirked.

I turn to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Not tonight because we, " I fixed his collar. "Have a party to attend to."

"We could be fashionably late?" He reasoned with a smirk but I shook my head, placing a kiss on the corner of his lips before walking towards my bag.

"So should we leave now?" I asked him, changing the subject as I reached out for my shoes that Chase picked out for me. He really did go to heights when he got me all my essentials from my dorm without me knowing.

He got my toothbrush, my makeup, my shoes but he didn't think to get me overnight clothes. It's still a hilarious mistake to think of so we agreed to go back to the form a tonight or get me some clothes. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, he still looked as red as a tomato in embarrassment.

"Fine, fine...we're going." He groans, irritated as I heard his keys being picked up. With that, I follow him out the door, struggling a bit with my high heels since I don't wear them that often.

"We agreed on just staying for an hour right?" He reminds me as we got into his car to buckle down.

"Yeah...if you don't enjoy it too much." I joked with a laugh. We didn't really agree on a time limit but I guess that's just his way of telling me he wouldn't stay any longer.

"As if." He scoffs.

The rumble of the car fills my ears as we finally drove off. He turns the radio on in a comfortable level as if it were his instinct. He's never changed the station on it so it's always been 1975 playing.