Chapter 57

"I told you I'm not going, why can't you fucking get that?"

"Chase, it's your brother's birthday?"

"Then go to your precious little boy!"

I finally open my eyes at the loud boom. I sat up and looked for my clothes but everything disappeared so I grab the shirt that hung loosely at the bottom of the bed and with it were a pair of boxers I grabbed too. The minty smell I knew all too well filling my lungs as I slipped the black shirt on. The boxers were a little too big for me, but I went with it; I assume he had left it there for me, anyway.

"Chase, your brother wants to see a family." A loud voice with a distinctive British accent started, and I carefully went down the stairs.

"A perfect little family?" I hear Chase mock.

"Chase, he-"

As I reached down the stairs, I found Chase leaning against his kitchen countertop, a scowl on his face and half-naked holding a shirt in hand. In front of him, maybe a good few feet, was a tall man wearing a perfectly ironed two pieced suit. His hair was blonde and perfectly groomed as opposed to Chase's dark locks, but the colour of their eyes was the same, from this distance at least.

Shocked, I glanced over to Chase who stood up straight, glaring at me.

"Ah, you have company?" The older man asked, surprised. And lord knows he is the father. I cross my arms upon myself, trying to cover up my horrid state. This is probably one of the worst ways we could've met.

"And?" Chase challenged, and I'm appalled by how he speaks to his father. I wanted to tell him off, but I know I'm not in the right place to do so, and I'm facing a billionaire.

"What's your name, young lady?" His father asked. His thick accent made me feel more intimidated. You can tell he is bred well from the way he stood straight or the way he carried himself.

"Um, " I cleared my throat, "Grace...Grace Parker, " I tell him, trying to be confident and feeling Chase's fiery eyes bore into me at the same time. This is also probably the last thing he wants.

"Well, nice to meet you, Grace. I'm sorry for barging in unannounced as such. My son rarely brings anyone here. If I had known I would've just called, " He explained politely with a faint smile. He seemed nice, unlike how Chase portrays him as- arrogant and all. Though I am not surprised Chase doesn't bring anyone here, he's just closed off like that.

I force a smile at him, "It's ok sir, " I tell him and he gives me a sour expression.

"Oh please, call me Dereck. I wouldn't wish for my son's girlfriend for any formalities." He smiled and I look at him in shock. I turned to Chase as if to ask for help, but he only smirked at me.

"We-" I started, but Chase cut me off.

"I'm not going, " he snarled at his father and I cringe. He is so disrespectful towards him when he is so nice.

I looked over to Dereck and a crestfallen look paints over his face.

"Son, your mother and your brother misses you. Can you at least consider it, just this once? We never ask you for much like this, but it's his birthday wish." Dereck practically begs and I feel my heartache for him. I wish my dad was that desperate to get our family together, Chase should be grateful.

I glare at him as he only stood there with his arms crossed and a smug look on his face. His eyes met mine and a scheming look appears on his face and I knew this won't gonna go well for me.

"Fine, I'm going, " he announced and I look over to Dereck who now had a look of disbelief and joy. I smile at him, glad that he was happy with Chase's sudden choice.