Chapter 32

Monday couldn't have waited. Like every week so far, weekends have just been a little dragged for me — exhausting.

On Sunday, I recorded more songs that I have written and written a few more. I had all these emotions to write about and what more perfect time to do so.

Julia spent the night over at Justin's house so I could do more things at night. After I had recorded, I moved to watch a few Netflix shows to just relax and forget. I did, and I was happy about it.

This morning, I felt a little better and am ready for the day ahead.

Today was a bitter day, the clouds were grey, and the wind was chilly. Though to me, the darker scene and the light breeze that picked up now and then was enough to make me feel comfortable. I've always liked the sunny days, but I love the gloomy days. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the smell of the grass when it finished raining, or how the rain sounds as falls, but something about it is beautifully chaotic.

I arrived at the same meeting place Apollo and I had agreed on and he bombards me with a million questions, those mostly pertaining to how I was feeling. I laughed at his horrific expression when I joked that I got into a car accident on Sunday; I was being sarcastic, but he didn't take notice of it. He noted how I was in such high spirits, but I just told him it's probably my breakfast. I never eat breakfast.

Music class went by quicker than I was used to. Chase was there.

When he walked into class, his eyes snapped straight to me, I sent him a faint smile but he only has the same monotonous look on his face, the one he usually wears. I felt a sinking feeling when he didn't return my friendly gesture but I shook it off knowing it probably was just the false hope in me. He didn't sit anywhere near me; he sat at the far corner behind the class and I was thankful.

Apollo inquired about what has happened between Chase and me. I give him some details, but not everything. I told him about the agreement but not about the hoodie since that isn't really that important.

After that, the rest of the day was hardly subbed-par. It was dull and unbearable, but I didn't let it get the best of my high spirits.
I submitted a few homeworks that I could get done and surprised myself to find out I was pretty much ahead of the lessons; I was happy about it, knowing that I could focus on finding a job or a car. It is hard to move around or start ticking off some things in my itinerary when I can't really move places.

When the school ends, Apollo offered to walk me to my dorms just to accompany me and I agree.

"Ok, so are you saying that your ex-boyfriend hated music?" Apollo said as we were halfway through our conversation about our exes.

"Well, yeah. He hated it when I would play him songs. He didn't hate music, he just liked the loud type ones." I laughed at the sour expression on Apollo's face. He's really been one of the few friends I have who I could stand and relate to. Sure Julia is nice and all, but the more I talk to her, the more her innocent reputation to me becomes a blur. She smokes and drinks and spends times with punks, the things I surely would've influence with.

I'm glad for Apollo because he brings me back to reality. He's sweet and kind and understanding. We shared a lot of similarities, but that's one of the few things that annoyed me. If I was a horrible person, I would call him boring. I want someone who could differ from me because maybe then we could find something to talk about and I would be curious. Like Chase? No, Grace, not this again.

"...and so I broke up with her. She seemed happy about it." Apollo's words didn't really make sense to me since I'm lost in thought. Afraid of turning the lovely conversation into something awkward, I laugh with him.

As we continued our walk, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket so I open it only to find an unknown number calling. I stopped in my tracks and gestured for Apollo to wait before answering.

"Hello, this is Grace Parker speaking?" Apollo and I both cringe at how I answered, and he stifled a laugh.

"Hi, Miss Parker, this is Kate from Rose Records." Says a high-pitched voice from the other line and my eyes widened. Apollo catches it and a look of anticipation plays on his face.

"Yes?" I answered.

"We've seen your resume, and, and it was highly impressive. We would like to invite you to an interview for an assistant job."

"Oh — yeah...yeah when?" I say faster than I'd like, I'm just too ecstatic about the news.

"Well, seeing as there is a lot going on in the studio and you are only in college, the only free slot we've got is next week, Thursday afternoon at about three. How does that sound?"

"Yes, that's perfect. I'll be there." I said excitedly and we say our thanks and goodbyes before hanging up.

When I placed my phone in my pocket, my eyes were popping right out of my head and my mouth was wide open. I felt so elated.

"So?" The anticipation in Apollo's voice made me feel more excited and I walk up to him, seeing that he was a few feet from me.

"So, that was...Rose records." I slowly said, my voice tremulous as my heart pounded.

"And?"

"I got an interview!" I squealed and Apollo did too. He ran up to me and we hugged, jumping up and down chanting about how I got an interview after waiting for a while.

"I am so happy for you, you'll do well," Apollo assured as we pull away from each other and I smile at him.

I can't believe that after waiting for a job, an opportunity has finally opened. It's can't the start of the week and things seemed to pan out better than it has in the past two weeks. It's as if as soon as Chase agreed to leave me alone, the worlds turn again. This is the college life I've looked forward to and I am not leaving it behind for parties or alcohol, I'm here now, starting my climb up with this slight step, I'm not about to step back.

Today has really passed by like a blur and I don't know if I like it or not. Without warning, the familiar words of an old foe pop into mind,

"Trying to find something interesting and beautiful doesn't work when you're moving as fast as a bullet, you know?"