Chapter 83

"The...uh...the gala is literally tomorrow? I've got nothing to wear." I say to Apollo as we sat down for our last class.

After depriving him off of so much information, I finally told him some details. Ranging from the time at the beach to right now, a bright Tuesday.

I would be lying if I said he took it with much ease like everyone did because his face really went from surprise to cute, to happy then anger in the span of ten minutes. It was entertaining to watch him register all the faithful details, but I didn't go too much.

"Well, you need to go get something, right? I mean, what do you girls wear? Dresses? I don't know." He chuckled. "My girlfriend and I don't do a lot of those."

"I'm sure not a lot of people do that." I chuckled along with him just as the professor began the lesson.

"I don't see you every day now and apparently, more stuff happens when I'm not around." He joked.

"Yeah, they all just...happened?" I said with uncertainty. It is definitely overwhelming how fast things turn.

"I'm guessing you can handle yourself with him then?"

I purse my lips in thought. I think I could; I mean, so far he's kept his word. He and I never leave each other alone, besides work and classes. He hasn't been as closed off, but he always dodged my questions about his life, though I never pushed it. Things look different this time around so—

"Yeah, I think I...I can." I answered, but there's a little doubt beneath my confidence. Apollo looked at me worriedly.

"I know you hate it, but if you aren't sure you can't handle it then you shouldn't be rushing it."

"I'm not, it's just...obviously he's not the kind of person I would usually date. He drinks and has troublemakers for friends, but he's more than that. He is good in his own little way and I want to be there to show it to him." I explained, feeling my heart clench as I realised what I had said.

Just yesterday before work he promised to stay away from Courtney and that group, and he made me promise to do the same. When I heard it I remember falling deeper into him. The fact that he's finally willing to let go of that reputation for us was more than astonishing to even think about—but he meant it. It's the good in him showing through.

Apollo stared at me, astonished at himself.

"Wow, he got you whipped." He gasped playfully and I frown.

"What?"

His eyes widened further, "You are clearly in love, old friend." He placed a hand on my shoulder as I choked on my own oxygen.

The rest of the class I spent taking notes and resolving the powerful statement Apollo had said. You are in love.

Am I, though?

I mean yeah we can't stay away from each other, he's hurt me and I came back to him but doesn't that just mean I want to give him a chance? Love is different.

"I love you."

Chase's words echoed through the walls of my mind, and I flush. He had said he loves me so many times already, every time we'd kiss or touch, every time. Each time he does, I would always feel the urge to say it back, but he would stop me. He knows it means too much.

"You barely paid attention, as always." I hear Apollo complain and my eyes widened. I look down on my watch and found that it's already the end.

I groaned and sighed as I stood up. Another lesson wasted on something else. By that, I mean Chase. Ever since we met, I never really got a good grip of lessons. Thank god they filmed each one, if they didn't I would be toast.