Chapter 86

"Dere—I mean Mr Michaels?" I corrected myself knowing that we are in a professional setting and he chuckles, standing up from his seat.

"Yes, that is me, " he joked as I walked up to him, shaking his hand courteously. He gestures to the other seat beside him and I follow him, sitting down.

"Nice to know I don't have to do formal introductions." Mr Rose joked and I chuckle. A million reasons as to why Mr Michaels is here ran rampant in my mind.

And why am I involved?

Repeats of that night at his home flashed in my head. We never called back or gave some news after we'd left so I can only assume that he may be a bit disappointed about that. However, looking at him now is so weird, right after what I had learnt about him from Chase.

"So, first of, good morning to both of you." Mr Rose acknowledged and we nod.

"Mr Parker, I assure you this meeting is of your best interests so if you feel any anxiety at all, there is no need to." He assured with a sweet smile as he took his glasses off, neatly placing it on his desk.

"I'm gonna start off by saying that, Ms Parker, of all the workers I've had you are the one with such a higher potential than working in the background. You have voiced out that someday you would be happy to work as a musician isn't that right?" He continued and I look over to Dereck who was busy flipping through a file and I nod.

"Unfortunately—if it's unfortunate for you—we've been receiving a lot of delightful comments about your work and even your team has come forward about the innovative musical endeavours you have made for yourself. The productions, I mean we haven't heard your actual songs but our artists are thrilled."

My breath stops at the statement he let out, feeling rather flattered. However, my heart palpitates at the anticipation of what this meeting is all about.

"So, in the light of that, I wanna begin your transition to being more than just the backbone."

I chew on my cheek as the excitement ran through me. This is way too early than I have expected but it couldn't be any better.

"So... we have sent you some musical briefs for you to look at and we want at least three original songs at your disposal. We want this by the end of next week. For the more land-based work, we've got Mr Michaels here offering some assistance." He nodded towards Dereck and he smiled, straightening out his suit as he laid the file on the desk.

"Right, " Dereck started, his tone joyous along with his already prominent accent. "In three weeks time, there is a convention down in New York. It's ruled by entrepreneurs such as myself and in there too are representations of some of the biggest record labels, A&R, agents and some more. This convention aims to supply different companies with sponsorship and affiliations that they need."

"I spoke to Mr Rose here for the last couple of weeks, looking for two workers who would suffice as a representative for Rose Records and although there are people in HR who would be happy to work that, I, as the sponsor of this label, requested them to be someone musical as to represent the talents of this label. With that, I had picked you and Mr Apollo Winters since I was told you two worked well together. Now we only need you to sign this." He slid the file he was reading right towards me and I look at it curiously.

"I'm sorry sir but...if you are already sponsoring us then why would there need to be more?" I asked. I have very little experience with businesses and would like to know more before I sign this contract of agreement.

Mr Rose leaned back on his chair with a satisfactory grin on his lips. Dereck, on the other hand, seemed to be impressed by my curiosity since I doubt my lack of knowledge would impress him.