Kabanata 42: DAEMOS MASSACRE

AS DEATH walked to the road of life, another mystery was born. A mystery veiled of blood. A mystery that was another journey to tell in the future.

Kailra deep dive in thought the moment she was left out all alone in their house. Matapos niyang ihatid ang dalawa, si Raven sa kanilang tinitirhan at si Alia naman sa hospital, muli siyang bumalik sa malalim na pag-iisip habang tinitingnan ang nakalatag na mga papel sa lamesa.

She extended her arms toward the table in able to grab the files. She turned the pages as if it was the first time that she did that. Every touch of it turns out that the case has never been solved before. Layer of dust filled every page and the pictures indicated on it are nothing but real.

I can't be mistaken.

Her photographic memory has never been wrong. As it did its part, a screenplay appeared in invisible space. Her thoughts were clearly visible feeling the inverse explosion. There's a lot of chaotic turns and twist of memories and pictures, coming together as one deduction in one word.

Dead... She's dead. She really is...

She was completely looking at the dead atmosphere as she sipped her coffee, blankly and swimming in her own oceans of words. She massaged her forehead before she brushed her palms together.

Komplikado.

She was thinking on different side of world. A perspective with different road and different end point. The first option she voice out about the fool play wasn't strong enough to convince her. What's making her confused was the fact that there might be someone who copied the dead person's appearance.

The enemy is not an enemy at all.

Tumayo na siya sa kaniyang unuupuan at kinuha ang mga papeles. Pinulot niya ito isa-isa at muling pinagsama-sama. Ngayon, kailangan muna niyang ibalik ito sa office ng kaniyang ama dahil tiyak na magagalit sa kaniya ito kapag nalamang nangingialam siya ng mga gamit.

By just scanning the papers, everything has been recorded to her mind. Walang kulang, walang sobra, lahat ay kompleto at tama. Kahit ang mga salitang nakasulat do'n, mga larawan at ebidensya, lahat ng 'yon ay hindi makakatakas sa natatangi niyang abilidad.

Tinahak niya ang pasilyo patungo sa office ng kaniyang ama. Pagkarating ay 'agad niyang binuksan ang pinto at tinungo ang drawer kung saan niya kinuha ang mga papeles.

She was planning to seek the secret files of all the hospitals she knew in and out of their city. With this case, she can have the list of people who underwent plastic surgery. She was certain that their target was hiding beneath her mask. She's in disguise, holding a fake identity.

She threw her hands in the drawer while holding the files of Aliana's dead. She was about to put it inside when she saw something that captivated her attention.

Unsolved.

In the stuck of files, there was one curiously unlabeled complied papers, different to any random pieces. Nakasulat sa unang papel nito ang salitang unsolved na nasisiguro niyang sulat ng kaniyang ama.

Her dark eyebrows eased as her dark curiosity stroke her. Dala ng curiosidad ay kinuha niya ito at binuklat. Madahan niyang binasa ang titulo ng papeles, kasabay nang pagbabasa niya nito, isang alaala ang mabilis na nagbalik sa kaniyang isipan... the night that she heard the about the massacre.

---

The world was slowly enveloped by night as the light fades into darkness. Birds fly across the dim lights given by the ruler of the night— Luna and they flits off into the horizon. The sounds reduced to a steady hum until all the sounds fade away into the gloomy silences, replaced by a never ending black.