Chapter 26: Choose your Path

Start from the beginning

******

Logan was running through the halls as non mutant soldiers were shooting at him with pulsar bullets but all that was doing was slightly slowing him down and mostly angering him.

He slices off the nearest soldier's hand and breaks his jaw with a high knee, sinks his claws into the second and third soldiers chest to drive them into the ground, more soldiers shot at Logan as he charged at them, ripping them apart one by one until they were piles of corpses.

Heading down the main room, He found Beast and the clone siblings taken care of the animal hybrid soldiers while Jean was protecting professor Xavier.

Logan: (wounds healed) Hey.

Beast: Glad you can join us.

Logan: What the hell is going on here?

Professor Xavier: These soldiers are here to abduct the young mutants here, the rest of the X-Men as well as Carol and her family are fighting them to keep the others safe.

Logan turns to the clones of Lynn, Lincoln and Luna.

Clone Lynn: Uhhh... hello?

Clone Luna: Long story short... we're clones of your son and daughters, dude.

Logan: I'm not even gonna ask.

Jean: Professor, more are approaching.

The group turned to see another group of mutant soldiers approaching them. Logan growled as he lunged at them with the clones of Lynn, Luna and Lincoln following behind to fight them off.

Beast: Jean, we'll handle these intruders. Get the professor and any mutant residence here to safety!

Jean: Of course!

Jean and Xavier take their leave while Beast joines the fight with Logan and the clones.

******

Meanwhile, Lisa was having her hands full with a couple of fire type mutant soldiers trying to incinerate her while the mutant prodigy hid behind some steel crates for cover.

Lisa: Curses, they have me cornered in a bad spot & charging in blindly would be a horrible idea but luckily I came prepared for something like that, learning certain attributes in mutant abilities to combat the other.

Lisa reaches into her lab coat pocket and pulls out two high tech silver grenades with blue highlights.

Lisa: Time to test these gadgets out. Ahem... FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

She presses the red button on the grenades and threw them over the steel crates in front of the fire type mutant soldiers.

Fire mutant soldier: A grenade?!

Fire mutant soldier 2: We're made of fire, a regular grenade won't harm us!

Fire mutant soldier 3: Yeah! That little Poindexter is getting desperate to take us out which she can't!

Fire mutant soldier: Right-

He was cut off when the two grenades activated but instead of a regular, fiery explosion... it was a swirling whirlwind of water! The whirlwind engulfed the fire type mutant soldiers, extinguishing their fire powers.

Fire mutant soldier: Gah! My power!

Fire mutant soldier 2: Water, No!

Lisa jumps over the steel crates and lands a lower dash to cut the first soldier's left leg off with her claws, tripping him over as he yells out in pain but it didn't last long as Lisa pierced his heart, killing him. The other fire type mutant soldiers tried to blast Lisa with their heat offense but out that came out of their hands were puffs of smoke.