Chapter 36: New Mutants Pt 6: Tarot Arcana

(Author's Note: Hello everyone, In the New Mutants Arc introducing Mutant Oc number 8 own by JonahShwarts. Credit for this oc goes to him & check out his awesome stories! Enjoy!)

While Team 1 was on standby to rest and recover, we cut to Team 2 who has located the next hidden base of Project: Death-X thanks to Lucy. It was located in the northeast, hidden away in disguised of a massive mansion.

Lucy, Maggie, Carol, Mikey, Jeremy, Wolverine, Clone Luna, Clone Lynn, Cyclops, Jean Grey and surprisingly Deadpool were taking a stealth approach for this operation. First, Lucy and Wolverine take out the snipers lurking from various buildings surrounding the cloaked base. Jeremy would float through the cloaking barrier, seeing 10 human Project Death-X soldiers with futuristic looking armor and guns in hand, guarding the gate. They spotted Jeremy and but before they fire or alert more guards, Jeremy lifted all ten of the soldiers via telekinesis, his eyes glowing an ominous purple with the soldiers heads turned all the way around with a sickening snap, the soldiers dropping like flies, all motionless.

Once the coast was clear, Team 2 entered through the cloaked barrier. Using one of the dead soldier's eye for the eye scanner, Lucy and her team entered the base and hid in the shadows, spotting more soldiers moving crates full of tech to different rooms but no sign of bringing in mutant prisoners, the group would have to look deeper and find them without being seen-

*Alarm sounds!!!!!*

Project Death-X soldier: Intruder!

Lucy: Gasp... How? We didn't make a sound or haven't been seen.

Jeremy: (points to the far right) I can give you a good guess...

Everyone turns to the far right and saw that is was Deadpool, who pulled the alarm lever.

Maggie: (annoyed) Ugh, so much for the stealth operation....

Wolverine: (growls furiously) Wade!!!

Deadpool: What? That wasn't the switch to release the prisoners?

Voice 1 in Deadpool's head: That wasn't the switch and you know that.

Voice 2 in Deadpool's head: Yeah... Stealth can be good but at the same time it's so boooooooooring.... We need some out in the open, bloody and explosive action!

Deadpool: (to the 2nd voice)  Haha! I couldn't agree more with ya. (Sees the soldiers running towards him) Oh right.

Deadpool pulls out his swords.

Deadpool: Alright boys and girls! (Serious voice with a grin under his mask) Let's dance....

Deadpool charges at the soldiers. Groaning in annoyance, Lucy, Wolverine, Maggie and the rest of Team 2 sprang into action in fighting the soldiers of Project Death-X. Hulking brute soldiers were throwing huge steel crates at Cyclops and Jean Grey, who retaliate by shooting red lasers at the crates to destroy them or Jean stopping said crates with her telekinesis and firing back at the brutes, knocking them down.

Mikey was dealing with a brute cybernetic soldier, who had a bladed chainsaw for a hand trying to hack him to pieces, Mikey dodges the slashes and would catch the chainsaw blade with his own blade, trading sword strikes with him.

Chainsaw blade Soldier: I'm gonna slice you to ribbons!

Mikey: I wouldn't be so sure.

The trading of sword strikes went on for a few minutes until Mikey dodges an incoming strike aimed for his head, sees an opening and uses his blade to slice off the soldier's chainsaw bladed arm.