Chapter 12: Relaxation for the Howlett family

Things were looking up for the howlett family. At the community pool, everyone (sans lincoln, ronnie anne, lisa and maggie) were enjoying themselves and having a good time. Though no one else was at the pool, it was more fun for the howletts.

Carol, in a dark blue two piece bathing suit was sitting on the beach chair near the pool, relaxing. Next to her was luna, who was wearing a black bikini top with two purple skulls on it and dark gray short shorts. The howlett rocker was relaxing with headphones in her ear while listening to her playlist rock music on her phone. Tabby and liam were swimming in the hotel pool, trying to splash each other. Liam had on blue and green trim swimming trunks and tabby had on a one piece black swimsuit with purple lightning streaks. Clyde was hanging with liam and tabby at the pool but he was sitting on the edge with his feet in the water as the nineteen year old mcbride was wearing black and blue swimming trunks. Clone lincoln and clone luna were relaxing on the right side of the pool. The clone rockstar was wearing a sleeveless and backless black swimsuit with purple flames as she was on her headphones, listening to her music. The clone man with the plan was wearing a black swimming trunks with orange side stripes as he was reading comics while relaxing on his beach chair. Francisco was stretching by the pool as the sports man was wearing white and blue trim swimming trunks. As he was done stretching and was about to jump in the pool, francisco heard two voices behind him.

??? & ???: hey pacooooo~.....

Francisco turned around and his jaw literally dropped to the floor at the sight of his girlfriend lynn and the clone of lynn. Lynn was wearing a tight black crop top with a red number one on it and short slim black shorts with red side stripes. And clone lynn was wearing a sleeveless and backless black and red one piece swimsuit with a red number one on it. Francisco couldn't take his eyes off both lynns with their swimsuits showing off their huge and athletic curves while flexing and posing for him.

Lynn and clone lynn: (spoke mischievously and seductively in unison) hey fran~, you like what you see...?

Francisco's face was blushing deep red, breathing heavily as he fainted, falling backwards into the pool with a big splash. Both lynn and clone lynn were bursting with laughter as they high fived each other.

Lynn and clone lynn: nailed it, hahaha!

Both of them ran towards the pool yelling.

Lynn and clone lynn: CANNONBALL!!

They dived into the pool with a big splash. Both lynns arised from the water, carrying a passed out francisco as they both chuckled and kissed him on the cheek.

Back with clyde, liam and tabby, the nineteen year old mcbride was soaking his feet in the pool when he was splashed with water by tabby.

Clyde: hey!

Tabby and liam laughed.

Tabby: oi! What's the matter, mcbride? Afraid of water?

Clyde: naw, I'm just kicking back.

Liam: you guys want soda?

Clyde: sure.

Liam instantly ran out of the pool then came back to the pool with three can of soda, handing one to clyde.

Clyde: thanks liam.

Liam: no prob fella, super speed really comes in handy.

Clyde: which reminds me... how did you and tabby get your mutant powers?

Liam: well it happened like a huge chase. Speakin' of chase, I was bein' chased by those two bullies hawk and hank.

Clyde: (remembering the events from "tricked" and shudders) those two were the worst, they almost would of ruined halloween if lucy and the others haunted field didn't scare them to death.

Liam: well, those two wanted money and they thought about takin' some from me as they saw me so I turn tailed and ran with them chasin' me. As I was runnin', I saw hawk and hank gainin' on me so I turned back to run into a sidewalk filled with toxic green chemicals. I realize that it was too late to stop as I was slipped and railed through the slippery chemical filled sidewalk as I noticed that it came from a crashed truck filled with toxic chemicals across from me. As I kept railing through the sidewalk, I crashed into games n' grub as I completely covered in chemicals.

Clyde: oh, that's gotta hurt, slipping and railing through a slippery, toxic chemical filled sidewalk and crashing through games n' grub.

Liam: yeah, well I recovered and bathed. When I was at the farm and I was takin' care of my work, I barely noticed it at the time but I've been working a lot faster than before, like I was gettin' the job done quickly. When I encountered hawk and hank again, I ran for my life, I thought they were gettin' slower when I saw them far behind but no, I realized that I was gettin' faster. I was surprised, shocked and most of all, amazed. I've been workin' like there's no tomorrow but... I had to leave home because I didn't want to cause me mamaw some trouble with this super speed... she knows about my powers but I promise her that I would visit her from time to time and I kept my promise.

Clyde: interesting story liam. What about you tabby?

Tabby: toxic gas.

Clyde: toxic gas?

Tabby: yeah, it happened when I was walking home from a concert with my friends. We took a short cut through the junkyard and we saw a gang of thugs loading up large containers of chemicals in their truck. We quietly tried to sneak past them but we made a wrong move and alerted them. They got out their guns and we scattered throughout the junkyard, my friends... didn't make it... I tried to find a way out but I ended up back to the truck where they were tailing me, I have no choice, I had to do something crazy to stay alive.

Clyde: what did you do?

Tabby: I went to the driver's seat of the truck. Luckily, the keys were in the ignition, though I was eleven that time, I seen my folks do this a dozen times so I start to drive the truck out of the junkyard but crashed it, I got out of there before it exploded. As it did, the explosion filled the air with this odd blue gas from the chemicals, I got away from the area so no one could see me but I inhaled too much of that gas as I got home.

Clyde: so that gave you your power?

Tabby: yep, I felt light headed that time but then I felt fine. I then discovered my powers when I absorbed my guitar, my hand was metal mate. Then I tried absorbing several things but I ended up losing control of it and..... (had a scared look)

Clyde: tabby?

Tabby: I don't wanna talk about it mate. It was a horrible experience.... but I managed to get myself together and run away from my folks, not wanting to hurt them if I go through 'that' again. Then I ran into liam here and you know the rest. (Drinking her soda)

Clyde: okay. (Drinking his soda)

Liam: you okay there tabs?

Tabby: I'm fine liam, just bummed out whenever I explain that story.... (Smirks) but that won't stop me from having a good time. Say liam, have you ever kissed me under water?

Liam: no why?

Tabby wraps her arms around liam as she gives him a mischievous grin.

Tabby: let's find out....

Tabby then grabs ahold of liam as the two went under water in the pool while clyde laughed.

Clyde: like two rockin' lovebirds.

To be continued....

(Chapter 12 is finished! This chapter was about liam and tabby's story about how they acquired their mutant abilities. Chapter 13 will be coming up sooner or later, this is omegacrow fading to black....)