The Demon is Gone (Chapter 1)

• Dedicated to To All of My Readers

I flutter my eyes open as I wake up. Zak is on the other end of the bed with a tray in his hands. I smell the all to familiar smell of bacon and eggs. Mine and Zak's eyes meet and he smiles. I smile and feel my cheeks getting hotter as I blush a bit. It has been four months since the demon has left. There have not been any signs that he is still around. Zak has fully recovered from his car accident. After everything was done at the church that day we had started to stay at Aaron's house. The fire in the house that I bought was only in the back areas. Zak and I decided that we were just going to have a team go there and fix it up again so that we can live there. Zak has put his old house in Vegas up for sale. So far we have not had anyone want to buy it. But we still remain hopeful that someone will want it. It took the crew that we hired around three months to fix up the house that was burned. We have moved back into the house and have been living here for about a month. I think that because of the whole demon thing that really has made Zak and I stronger people and also stronger in our relationship. I do not think that it is possible for any girl to love a man as much as I love him. 

"Good morning beautiful." Zak said.

I look up at him and see the twinkle in his eyes. God how I love looking into his eyes, "Good morning star shine" I reply.

I do my morning stretch in the bed. Zak walks over to my side of the bed and puts down the tray on my bedside table. Zak then sits on the edge of the bed and rubs my leg, "I was just wondering what you would like to do today. We only have a couple more months of laying around till we have to start production of the next season of 'Ghost Adventures'. So we have to get a move on if there is anything that you would like to do" Zak said.

I smile, grab hold of Zak's arm, and lay back in the bed, taking him with me. He falls on top of me and I find it a little harder to breathe, "Can't we just lay here together and enjoy each others company?" I ask trying to sound cute.

Gracie jumps on the bed and gives me a wet lick in the face. I giggle and soak in the thought of finally being happy. This whole roller coaster of demon was well worth me going on since this is the prize at the end. I do have to say that I would gladly do it all over again. 

"I was thinking that we can go down to the animal shelter and share some of our time to all of the abused and neglected animals that they have there. It has been awhile since I have been able to do that and I kind of feel bad about it." Zak said.

"I would love to go there and do that. I have always liked doing that. In a way I think that I would rather deal with animals than I would people. Plus I always have that warm feeling in my heart after I do that." I reply. 

Zak gets off of me and sits at the foot of the bed. I sit up and start to pet and kiss Gracie. Zak watches me intently with loving eyes as I cuddle Gracie. I never knew the feeling of being in a relationship would be this rewarding. 

I still do think about Jason everyday but it is like I look at it from a all new view. I know that I did love him and it still hurts at times to think about how he was taken from this world at such a young age. I still do think about all of the good times that I have had with him. But I know now that it was just his destiny to go through what he did. I know now that he is in a better place. I no longer feel that it was my fault as to why he died. 

My parents will always be in my heart, and just like Jason I think of them everyday. I miss them the most. I miss the talks that we use to have. I miss the way that I could talk to them about anything and everything. I miss my mother's cooking, and the way that she was so kind. She was the kind of person that would never let anyone go hungry. I use to have friends come over all of the time for dinner. She was always to gracious hostess. I wish that they could be here so that Zak could have met them in person. I wish that he could have seen them the way that I seen them. They have always supported me in everything that I did. I know that he would have liked them. 

"You should eat your breakfast before it gets cold. It is a Zak Bagans specialty." Zak said with pride, "After you eat we will get ready to go."

I take the tray of food and start to eat. I always love eating what this man cooks. He may not be the best cook in the world but he is my cook. And he is always so proud of his cooking. I have to say that he does give a lot better service than at a restaurant. As he hands me the food it is always service with a smile. And I know that he would never spit in the food. After I finish eating I get dressed as quick as I can and then we are off to the animal shelter. 

When we arrived at the animal shelter we go to the front desk. A girl that is in her mid 40's is sitting behind the desk. She had short dark brown hair that had a lot of grey showing through it. Her face was very beautiful with blue eyes. I have been around her plenty of times but the deepness of her blue eyes always gets to me.

"Mr. Bagans and Mrs. Bagans will you two be here to adopt all of the animals that we have here today." She said with a smile. She knows that we are not married however I think that she just likes getting under Zak's skin. She has always been quite the character. Zak has never said if he liked or disliked her saying that, but he never corrects her. I don't know if it is because he does not care that she says it or if it is just because he just respects her to much to say anything about it. Secretly I love how she says it. I will never bring up the thought of marriage to him and I am pretty glad that there is someone that just throws that thought out there.

"You know if I could take in every single dog here I would" I say being honest.

"Betty, always a pleasure seeing you and hearing your jokes." Zak commented.

Betty then led us to the area that they kept the dogs. She started to lead us around to the stalls and let us know about the new dogs that they have gotten in so far. She would also give us their back story. I always feel so bad to hear just how bad they were before coming here. 

As we stop at the last kennel Betty starts to tear up, "This is a little boy that we just got in. He came from a puppy mill. When we found him he was just hanging on for dear life. Since he has been here we have been able to get his health up. But we will soon have to put him down because we have just had him too long and have to make room for other dogs that need a home. He is 3 years old and is a Alaskan Malamute wolf mix. He is a big boy but also has a big heart."

After that Zak and I make our way around the kennels taking out the dogs one by one to get them to the play area. When we get them there we play with them and show them as much attention as we possibly can. The last one that I let out was the mix dog from a puppy mill. I took him to the play area and started to play with him. I had so much fun with him and started to feel like I connected with him. 

At the end of our stay I tell Betty that there is no way that I will let him die and that I will adopt him. I think that Zak was in shock a little and a little worried about how Gracie will take to him. Betty informed us that she will have him ready to go around 3 pm the next day.