마흔아홉

— chapter forty nine —

ive heard about what happened in america and honestly, im disgusted

ive heard about what happened in america and honestly, im disgusted. im not gonna say any more but you guys get it. also im thinking of possibly writing either 3 or 4 chapters a week, what do you guys think?

———

"i fucked up big time chan." changbin sighed deeply while ruffling the back of his hair tiredly, the two strolling across the hallway as they walked side by side.

"what happened? did something happen between you and jisung?" he asked with concern present in his tone, worry filling his soft eyes as he looked over to the drained other beside him.

changbin sighed once more at the expected mention of the younger's name, making him turn his head around to face the blondie. "a few days ago he... confessed to me." 

"wait really?!" chan immediately exclaimed in shock, widened eyes looking back at him.

"yeah but..." he paused for a moment before continuing. "i didn't accept it. instead i told him that he shouldn't like me because of the stuff i did to him in middle school and how i was afraid i might be my old self again. i just don't wanna hurt him again." 

"but changbin, that doesn't matter anymore and you shouldn't be afraid of how you feel. yes you used to bully him however, that doesn't mean you still do. you deserve to be loved and i want you to understand that you won't be your old self again, you won't hurt him. trust me." chan explained, hoping that the other would somehow understand.

the raven haired male sighed once again after listening in carefully to his words. "it's not only that, i also told him that i don't know how i feel about him, i'm just so confused with my feelings. it frustrates me how i can't figure out if i like him as a friend or not, everything's complex." 

chan placed his hand on his shoulder in response while quietly sighing to himself. "look changbin, anyone can be confused with how they're feeling. i just want you to take your time and think it all over. talk to him about how you actually feel instead of relying on the past."

"i don't know... ever since then, things has gone awkward for us. we'd barely hang out like we used to do, he's often in the room crying to himself. he always tell me he's okay but i know he's not and it hurts to see him this broken, i didn't want what i said to affect him a lot. i just hope he's okay, i miss spending time with him." changbin replied follow by a sigh, reminiscing back.

"it'll be okay, i promise. maybe give him more space to himself and then you two can talk it over properly without mentioning the past. i'm sure he thinks so too, we don't care about what happened in middle school, that's just a mere excuse to run away from your feelings." chan said.

changbin eventually gave in and nodded, saying nothing more. "how did it go with you and felix? he seems to be alright now the last time i saw him." he asked, completely changing the topic seconds later.