열셋

— chapter thirteen —

tests are coming and im not readyyy, i cant be bothered to revise but i know im gonna do bad if i dont, ugh why is this so stressful, i just wanna listen to skz all day ;0

———

changbin stepped into the cafe the early morning of saturday. he didn't know why he was awake around this time but all that was inside his mind right now was the desire to go back to the dorms and sleep.

"why do i keep making errands for him?" he mumbled to himself as he shut the door behind him. all this just for a cup of latte, changbin didn't understand why chan went all the way if he could just get up and go by himself.

he didn't know how he always get himself in this situation, he didn't understand why it has to be him of all people. 'when is he gonna get his lazy ass up and actually do things himself?' what confuses him even more was the fact that chan always wakes up the earliest.

so why bother waking someone up just to go out and buy a cup of latte? and why at this time? the raven haired male then face palmed himself inside, and why does he always fall for his stupid bribes? 

the more he looked, the more he noticed there weren't as many people as there usually be; maybe it was the fact that it was still early in the morning or maybe it was also the fact that people were still sleeping like what he would be doing right now.

he sighed and walked over to the counter when he noticed a familiar figure. even though their back was facing him, it wasn't hard for him to tell who it was almost immediately, he could feel a slight feel of happiness replacing his annoyed mood.

"i-i'm sorry, i left my wallet in the dorms. can i pay you later?" however, as he came closer and closer to the counter, the clearer he could hear what was going on. he raised his eyebrows and decided to hear even further, trying to figure out the whole story behind the problem.

"i'm not sure about that... how do i know that you're not going to run off like that?" the woman behind the counter uncertainly replied, giving a worried eye contact to the male in front of her.

"i won't! i promise-" that was when changbin heard enough and decided to step in. 

"u-uh... i know this is not my position to ask but may i ask what's going on?" soon, he found himself being seen by 2 pairs of eyes -  the woman at the counter and the male next to him.

following changbin's voice that was beside him, the brown haired male widened at the sight of seeing the older again, especially bumping into him at a situation like this. he immediately looked down and stared at the floor beneath him. 

"oh, this young man had forgotten his wallet and couldn't pay for his drink right now so we're not sure what to do. i'm worried me letting him go would give him a chance to run away from not paying for his order." she explained to changbin.