스물일곱

chapter twenty seven

i cant deal with this right now, the fact that im still being forced to go to school when most schools are shut down, even bloody america has the decency to close it down but not us?? 🤷‍♀️

———

changbin stood by the doorway as he watched his parents lay on the floor, lifeless. he did nothing but observed them silently, trying to take in everything he had witnessed before him, he couldn't speak nor could he even dare to breathe.

all he could hear was the repeated tick-tock noises from the clock that seemed to spin around his head, he stood frozen. no matter how hard he tried to move his legs, it was no use; his legs were stuck on the ground as if there was something preventing him from moving.

it was at this moment everything around him stopped, his eyes fixated on the pile of dead bodies before him as he witnessed red liquid oozing out from the body the more seconds passed. nothing processed inside his head while he stood paralysed.

he didn't dare to make a sound but stayed there as silent as a food being hunted by a prey, he wanted to shiver or scream or cry but he couldn't. the feeling of terror massively entered his body making him unable to move so he remained shut as he did nothing.

his parents sleeping deeply on the floor before him yet he couldn't do anything, he didn't know why but he just couldn't move. his little legs couldn't do anything to support him, all he did was stand there silently while observing everything.

his little head that didn't know what to do, he was hopelessly but needlessly standing there, not knowing what to do next. he felt lonely, pathetic, hopeless, lost...

there was nothing changbin could do... his little body that did nothing...

it was all over for him and baby changbin knew-

changbin woke up, startled. his eyes suddenly sprung open as he looked around his surroundings, adjusting to where he was when a thought rushed inside his mind in realisation seconds later. 'it was just a dream...'

without any hesitation, he sat up and looked up to see that it was still quite early before he had to get up for classes, taking a deep sigh he didn't find himself doing. he woke up sweating despite the room being cool and took this moment to calm himself down from what just happened.

"o-oh sorry, did i wake you up?" he then heard a gentle voice from across the room making him turn his head to face an already woken up jisung who seemed to have just walked out from the bathroom with a soft smile.

"oh no, you didn't. don't worry." changbin answered the brown haired male, giving him a smile in return to which the younger walked even further into the room with his smile still remaining on his face.