스물여섯

— chapter twenty six —

i cant believe boris johnson didnt close schools yet like wth 😩 most countries are going in lockdown and schools are closing whereas england isnt doing much?? urm what?

———

"what is it?" changbin replied, unsure what it was the younger wanted to tell him. he was almost baffled but nevertheless continued to stare deeply into the others eyes as countless of thoughts rampaged inside his mind.

'what is it he wanted to tell me?' he thought curiously, unable to think of the possibilities it could be for the reason behind this. that was when something unexpectedly sparked his mind seconds later causing him to vigorously shake it off. 'it can't be that... right?'

jisung nervously gulped who seemed to have been thinking this over again and again, debating once more whether or not it would be a good idea to say it. he continued to shakily look into the male's eyes before sighing heavily - changbin could tell that he was feeling agitated. 

"you don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable about it, i understand." he added with a reassured smile making the brown haired male shake his head quickly. 

"n-no, it's not that... i-" jisung paused and sighed once again, his heart was pulsing as he could feel so many mixed feelings inside him resulting him to feel even more puzzled and anxious. it felt as if his head was still spinning from earlier; he found that he was struggling to control his emotions. "p-promise me you won't tell anyone? e-especially felix..." 

changbin slightly tilted his head in confusion. what could it possibly be that's making him act this way? and why not tell anyone? how serious could it be that jisung was preventing him to even tell this to his own best friend? 

but most importantly, why him all of people?

he couldn't tell what it was but he hoped it wasn't as horrifying as he thought it would be. despite having a small hope of it being the younger open his heart, there was also a part of him who didn't believe that was the case, he was still doubting if his actions really did anything at all.

"oh okay." changbin briefly replied, still uncertain with everything. he watched as jisung pull out his pinky finger in front of the other to which he wrapped his own around the younger's without hesitation and lifted another reassured smile. "i promise." 

jisung's smile grew even wider and immediately felt his cheeks heat up afterwards. he could suddenly feel the majority of the worries slowly disappearing, he felt better after having skin contact with the other. it made him feel safe and reassured.

"b-before when you told me how i looked really distressed and asked if i was okay..." he stopped for a moment but bravely continuing. "t-to be honest, i-i'm.... not okay..." his tone was faded at the last part but luckily changbin would instantly catch on with what he was saying.

was it finally the time where he was gonna open up? is this changbin's chance of helping the younger? was everything he's done for him working? at this very moment, he couldn't describe how he was feeling right now; the feeling of relief continued to fill the others heart as he carried on listening in carefully.

"what's wrong jisung? don't forget that i'm here for you." changbin questioned in concern and gently placed his hand on the younger's to encourage him to carry on. it seemed to have worked because jisung finally looked up from the floor to give the older a relieved and warm smile.

he had always yearned for the raven haired male's touches - mostly his hugs - and now that he could finally feel the others hand on top of his, he was able to calm down even more, guiding him and letting him know that he would always be there for him. and jisung could tell that.

because of this, jisung resumed to talk even further in depth. "t-those boys you saw the other day... t-they came for money, you see... my dad's in... debt..." he stopped once again before opening his mouth again. "t-they even make me do errands... they go to me because my dad's... alcoholic and he barely comes home..." 

changbin remained silent while he paid extra attention to the boy beside him. how could they do this to someone as innocent as him? he was already having a hard time because of his father and yet he had to deal with this even at school?

"n-not only that but... my dad's... abusive when he's drunk... l-like really abusive... he even take it out on me sometimes..." the more the younger was spitting out the words he never wanted it to come out from his own mouth, the more his volume was beginning to fade.

not only this but the fact that changbin could tell how his voice was trembling in fear at the thought of having to reminisce it back again, his eyes were also beginning to water. the raven haired male widened in shock after hearing what was coming out of his mouth, he never wanted all this to happen in his daily life.

before jisung could say any more, changbin immediately engulfed him into another hug, instantly rubbing his back in circles in attempt to calm the poor younger down. jisung let changbin hug him and instantaneously released his emotions once again, tears came down his face as he stuffed his head on his shoulder as always.

he began quietly sobbing while gripping onto the back of his shirt again, tightly hugging the other close. at this moment, changbin's hug was his stress reliever, he was able to open up his heart easily and show the other how vulnerable he was. 

changbin could tell how much jisung was suffering and he felt so appreciated that the younger trusted him to the point where he was able to be the first person who would always be there for him as well as being able to have him finally open up.

now the real question is, how is he gonna help the younger next? now that he has finally shown and received trust from the other, the most important thing ever is to keep the trust. after all, even though gaining trust would be a difficult thing to do, what's even more terrifying was that losing it would be the most easiest thing to do which can mess everything up.

however, no matter what difficulties he may face in the future, changbin wasn't planning on losing the trust any sooner. in fact, he was gonna keep it until the end, after all, he's worked hard for it and now he isn't gonna drop out that easily.

 "shh, it's okay..." changbin softly spoke against jisung's ear and continued to caress his hair and back once again.

"h-hyung, i'm scared..." jisung managed to say through his sobs despite it coming out as a muffle.

"it's okay jisung, i'll protect you." he said and hugged the younger tighter, the two boys staying in the position for a while until jisung had managed to calm down moments later.

"t-thank you..." jisung said and finally pulled back from the hug, smiling widely. changbin returned the smile; he felt so contented that he was able to see every side of the younger no one has even seen before - not even felix himself.

"i'm glad you finally opened up to me." the older replied, beaming even harder at the younger whose cheeks heat up even harder.

"i-i felt that i could tell you about it, thank you for worrying about me... t-thank you for everything, i didn't think you would see through me..." the younger answered and smiled even warmly at the other.

"no worries, i'm always here whenever you need someone." changbin said causing jisung to nod, his smile still hasn't left his face yet.

"t-thank you... i will..." jisung replied and looked up to stare into the others eyes lovingly. this time, he actually meant it, he loved the way the other was there to listen to his problems. of course there was still more he haven't told him yet but he believed it will be possible as time goes by.

"everything will be okay, i promise you."