ALEXIA KING

I groan in pain and try to move my hand to hold my head because it's throbbing in pain but I can't move my hands nor my legs. Perfect! I'm tied on a chair, I guess. I'm playing this guessing game because my eyes are blindfolded. I can't see, can't move but I can speak so like every helpless victim I ask no in particular.

"Anyone here?"

"Hello?"

"Hello? Hello? Helllllloooooooo-"

"Shut up" Sophia yells from somewhere. Although her voice is weak and she groaning in pain yet she manages to put a generous dose of venom in it.

I did a good number on her.

I smile to annoy her.

"Now that I'm tied down, why don't you remove my blindfold, so I could see your ugly face?" I laugh because I can feel this is the end but not the way I planned.

"I think my face is engraved in your memory just fine"

I slump back because I know she's not gonna budge but why am I dressed and not lying naked on the ice slab? Wait! Am I still in the same room or somewhere else?

Nobody knows I'm here, heck! even I don't know where I'm. Kevin can't even track me because I bought a new phone when I returned from my therapy. My parents must have reached New York by now. I wish I had some magical power of telepathy to communicate with either of them.

"You must be thinking what's going on, although for the reasons known" her voice breaks my self-pity party.

I keep my mouth shut. I'm not interested.

"I'm won't torture you"

"Well, that's a relief" I reply sarcastically.

"Don't hold your breath because I'm going to kill you this time"

Dread catches in my throat and I feel myself sweating not in fear of death but fear of not living my life with Kevin.

"I don't know if I could heal myself or not but I'll be ending your chapter today but before that I want you to look into the eye of your death" she removes my blindfold.

I squint my eyes a little and open them again. It's dark outside and the room is dimly lit but I'm in the same room facing Sophia in her previous clothes, standing with a fucking gun in her hands. I don't know shooting but she knows and all credit goes to my mom. Who would have thought? Not mom at least when she was teaching her how to shoot or giving a gun in her Angel's hand. The irony of life.

I look around for those two men but they are nowhere in sight. My eyes wander to the knife on the table and back to her.

"Don't even think of it, girl. You don't have time left and I have to think of something to gain sympathy from my sista for these injuries on my body"

"And what about my death? How would you answer my parents or cops when they'll search for me?"

"Don't worry, I'll be burning this house and your parents will search for you but they will get only your ashes, no proof behind. The workers who possibly had delivered this nice slab will confirm you were indeed here, alone, and got burnt later when this house caught fire from electric failure or when you tried to cook. Everyone knows about your cooking skills so let them assume"

My eyes sting with tears not because of fear but because of longing. I want to see Kevin one last time, I miss him. Why didn't I listen to him when he asked to accompany me? He'll never know what exactly happened.

She cocks the gun straight on me.

"Any last wish?"

Although I know it's foolish to ask but I try anyway.