ALEXIA KING

"I'm perfectly fine and Kevin is doing well as well"

"Glad to know. May I speak to Kevin?" Dr. Roman asks from the other line.

"Sure. Hold on for a moment" I call Kevin who's getting ready for the office.

"Yeah?"

"Dr. Roman wants to have some words with you"

He comes faster than I thought it could be possible and excuse himself for so-called privacy. Privacy with my doctor? Cunning bitch.

I eat dark chocolate as I'm on my periods but I'm glad I don't suffer through pain or cramps. I'm that one lucky bitch.

He comes back smiling and gives my phone back.

"Why are you smiling?"

"I wanted to speak to your doctor plus he is married" is his reply.

I think back to the time if he ever mentioned his married life. He didn't.

"Thinking about him?" he asks casually but I sense an edge in his tone.

"Yeah. He never mentioned any such thing to me" I said frowning.

"Because he is your doctor and not your friend" he pauses, "Right?" unsure, digging for something but I don't know what he wants to know.

"Right but we shared a friendly relationship too" I chewed my lips thinking of the reason he never mentioned it to me and Kevin know this in 10 minutes.

I jump startle hearing loud bang of the door. I look and find Kevin no more in the room. I come out but he's already gone.

What the hell just happened? He was smiling a few seconds ago.

I get a call from him in the afternoon.

"I'm sending Jenny to fetch those affidavits you signed a few days ago" he sounds tired.

"I'll drop by my way"

"Where are you going?" 

"I was thinking to have some spa time"

"I can give you the massage" he grumbles.

What's wrong with him?

"You sure can but I never had a spa treatment before ever"

The line goes dead. Weird.

                         *******************************************

I reach his company in 30 minutes and give my keys to the valet

"Good afternoon, Ms. King"

How does he know me?

"Let me guide you" he guides me to the reception and the woman behind the counter beams when she sees me. She is younger than me.

"Let me lead you the way, Ms. King"

"How do you know me?" I ask once we step inside the elevator.

"Everyone knows you here" she smiles and I drop the topic.

Of course, it's Kevin.

We step out of the elevator and she introduces me to Jenny then returns to her reception.

"I love Kevin so there is no need to feel competitive towards me. If your girlfriend wants you then she'll have you and no one else. I or any other girl can't change her feeling towards you" I come directly to the point.

"Let's see what you say after meeting your man's assistant" she leads me to another office, with a smirk plastered on her face, where a woman older than me, around 26 or 27 I guess, is sitting and fixing her makeup.