KEVIN EMERSON

Cooking, cleaning the kitchen and mess on the couch we created, changing sheets, cleaning my bathroom and setting her toiletries and products in, and then washing her clothes in the laundry room, just to have her sleeping in my arms peacefully while I get to play with her hair, which is now it's in stunning natural shade, is worth it. I'm ready to do all these chores every day just to have her sleeping in my arms every night. I've never done all this, we have had staff to help us but if  Xia finds some perverse pleasure in this, I'm completely fine with it. I just want her like this. Serene and relax. 

I surrender to sleep after watching after her.

When sunlight hits directly my face, I know Xia has intentionally pulled curtains to mess with me. She is not beside me but her side is still warm and it smells of her. Like a creep I am, I inhale her feminine fragrance. I smile at her childish antics and walk into the bathroom, which is fogged up from a recent shower. 

This time when I look up in the mirror, my eyes roam over my clear skin, and wonder how does she feel when she watches herself in the mirror? Does she feel her skin burning from the memories? I try to think of her happy face while I shower.

I dress for the fest and join Xia on the breakfast table where she is sitting on a stool with her feet dangling sideways. She looks adorable but she is not dressed. She is wearing a loose T-shirt and sweatpants, her hair in a messy bun, and she l looks fucking gorgeous. Did I mention she is not letting me go further than kissing?

I pinch her cheeks and kiss them better.

"Good morning, my Big Skate"

She checks me out shamelessly like I'm dressed solely for her to praise me and maybe, I'm. I am wearing a grey business suit with a white shirt underneath. She takes her precious time to take me all in before speaking.

"You look more rough and handsome" She whispers biting her lips

I raise an eyebrow. 

"I'm hungry" 

I didn't peg myself as the man to seek for someone's appreciation but now I want it from her, she'll dish anything and I'd be hungry for more. I'm a goner for her.

"What'd you like to eat today?" I ask removing my jacket and tie an apron around my waist while checking under the cabinets.

"Scrambled eggs with avocado and freshly squeezed pomegranate juice on the side" 

She prefers a light breakfast and her pomegranate juice without any miss. It's very easy and quick to make so I make it without any trouble.

"And Kevin?"

"Yeah?"

"I ate all your cheese so you'll have to refill your stock, babes" She adds, another tactic of her annoy me but all she does is make me happy.

I march to my bag, take out some cheese, and make a great show of eating it. She huffs in annoyance.

I laugh at her expense and sit down to eat with her.

"Why ain't you dressed for the fest today?" I ask when I check the time on the clock.

"Because I'm only required in the evening, I've done my share of work" She eats half of my breakfast as well. She's a devil. Unbeknownst to her, I am falling more and more for her.

"I'll see you around 6 then?"

"Yeah"

"I've my share of work unfinished, so I gotta go"

She falls into deep thought and stands with her and my plate to put it in the dishwasher.

This is the first time she's doing any work since we are staying together, that is 2 days. My heart beats faster at her small act. This place suddenly feels like a home now.