KEVIN EMERSON

8 months later (In total)

A mother stuffs the mouth of her daughter to muffle her screams when her father rapes her brutally. A woman sees another woman being beaten and ill-treated in front of her own eyes but she remains mute. A brother lets his friends rape his little sister for money. A sister murders her elder sister in cold blood when a tiny wish of her was not fulfilled and she's jealous.

This is the scenario of today. It's hard to identify a sick psycho and criminal because you never know, the person you trust most and live with him is the one you have to protect yourself from. It can be anyone, an old woman passing daily by your house, might be coming from somewhere scandalous, maybe the man you just saw in the morning picking a flower for his wife use to beat her at night, or the father who is your hero may be the villain of someone's else story or the sister you confide in is envious of you because she thinks your Mother love you more, or the teacher who gave you extra marks in the test has another agenda in his sleeves. You never know when the criminal will pounce on you. He can be he or she,  your a family or stranger,  weak or strong, old or young. You'll have to learn fast how to identify them and pick their behaviors from normal people. You're never too safe it doesn't matter if you're under your bed, a monster could be waiting just behind you. You also don't know a man you just slapped today because he was harassing you in public is now planning his revenge for 6 years or so on. There are many real crime stories where a husband becomes a serial killer and killed 8 women, the 5th one was his wife. He killed other 7 women to make it an act of psycho killer and not an act of cold-blooded revenge murder. Criminals wait, observe, plan and then execute. So never be shocked to see the person standing in front of you with a gun in his hand is the same person you have seen once in your lifetime 15 years ago.

Here the situation is the same, I'm attending my celebration party and every celebrity and businessman are here with their lovely dates. Everyone here reeks of power and money, a hunger but my eyes are only glued to one woman.

She is dressed in a golden gown to her ankle with a slit on both her thighs and back bare. Her brunette hair covers her half-face and her lips coated in the brown shade are moving animatedly. She's talking to her clique and her laughter rings right in my ear and sends fire in my veins, a fire of hatred. Her eyes meet mine and I have to blink twice to recover myself.

I see her excusing herself and holding the arm of a man beside her, her husband to be accurate, and making her way towards me with a broad happy smile on her face. She looks happy and her eyes are lively. I excuse myself from my business associates and meet her halfway.

"It's fancy meeting you after so long" she hugs me and I reluctantly hug her back.

"I wanted to meet you since we arrived here but you were too busy" her husband shakes my hand.

"Never busy to attend you people" I offer a polite smile although I want to stick out her eyeballs and break every single one of her body.

"Of course, we are a family afterward" he laughs.

"Excuse me guys, Xavier is here" I don't give them time to reply and leave to meet Xavier and Aliana who just entered with Xander, Rosalyn, Xaiyla, and Alex.

"I'm so happy for you, my son" Aliana hugs me and I hug her back affectionately.

I look into her green eyes and my heart clenches, remembering Xia's green eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, Son" Xavier hugs me next and ruffles my hair. I smile although it took my hairstyle a good amount of time to set my hair.

"I'm glad you guys could make"

"Stop talking nonsense, you know we would have still joined your celebration if it were to happen in London" Xaiyla hugs me as well. 

"You're doing pretty good for you, Loverboy" Xander nods his head without smiling, it must be hard for him to praise someone else younger than him.