chapter one

I was a city kid and so was Jordan. I had also lived in Chicago my whole life and so had Jordan. And everyday from kindergarten to our senior year of high school we rode the same city bus at 7:45 in the morning just to get to school. And that's how we became friends.

     Technically, it was our mothers who had laid the track for our lifelong friendship. As children Jordan and I were naturally inclined towards each other but as our mothers became friends, over time we became inseparable.

     Jordan always got on the stop directly after mine and everytime he would walk on the bus holding his mom's hand I would yell out "Hi Jordan!" Just so I could watch his face light up at the sight of me. And every time I captured his attention little girl giggles would escape my lips because I loved the sight of him. So everyday without fail, for the past 12 years, exactly at 7:45 in the morning I would continue to greet him the same way.

     The other passengers knew what was going on. Our bus driver knew what was going on. Even our mother's knew what was going on and it seemed as if the only one who didn't was Jordan.

     You see, it was on that city bus that 5 year old me fell head over heels in love with Jordan Campbell. Unfortunately for me, he didn't return those feelings and for years I had been stuck in the friend zone. So woe was me.

      But don't worry folks. It only took a couple years (okay more like 10) before I got it. We were just friends, nothing more, nothing less. And that's what we always would be. At least that's the consensus my brain came to. My heart on the other hand was not seeming to get with the program.

      This year, I was going to stop moping around. During my senior year I was venturing out into the unknown and throwing the ashes into the wind. I was going out with a bang. I was final-fucking-ly getting over Jordan Campbell if it was the last thing I did.

PSA, my new book Maybe Monday is out, it's more mature, will be more smutty and the love interest is Charlotte's (the main characters) little brother Carter! It's set in college so everything is aged up. I'm having a lot of fun writing and it would mean the world to me if you guys would check it out!

Thank you and for first time readers of drive me crazy I hope you enjoy!