Beautiful and nice, a rare combination, I thought, smiling with a swollen heart at the two ladies.

"Where is your mother?" His grandma asked.

"I believe she will be here in a minute," Logan said, and drew back a chair which I took while surveying the dining room that had large mirrors at either side and red drapes that matched both the chairs and rugs.

Logon took the seat beside me facing Rose and his grandma and dived into a conversation on matters related to Rose.

I smiled at them and continued my stylish survey of the room which was void of chandeliers, but had a golden ceiling that looked ancient with its cube designs.

A fireplace was few feet behind Rose, its cover held golden cups and candle stands just like those placed around the mirror dinner table packed full with different delicacy.

I looked up as the queen walked in, took her seat at the table head and dinner proceeded. A maid moved to her and filled her glass with water while she dashed her meal.

"So how is Alabama?" Rose asked, drawing my attention back to my meal as she also dished her pork fried rice.

"Very nice."

"I'm sure it is, I will love to visit Alabama again after the royal ball Isla," her grandma said, now turned to the queen.

"Mother, we need to see the doctor before you make any trip."

"I will be fine Isla, I can leave with Eva and Logan. Just to explore the city a little."

"Hope It wouldn't be a problem, Eva?"

I smiled and ran my fork on my plates. "It wouldn't be a problem."

I thought dinner will be a quiet one, but it seems the royal family loved small talk as much as anyone else.

"Grandma you promised to travel to Paris after the ball," Rose said, as she placed her half-emptied glass of water back on the table.

"Oh I will, I'm not dying soon."

"Don't say that grandma," Logan muttered, his focus on his plate.

"Eva, Logan told us about your artwork," The queen inquired, patting her lips with a napkin.

"Yes ma'am," I answered and swallowed my food, with hopes it wouldn't cross a wrong passage.

"Great, I will love a portrait before you leave."

The table went quiet and only the kissing of plates and spoons could be heard.

"Thet will be a rush work, your majesty, to make a portrait I will need more time." I smiled at her, spitting the first words that flew from my trembling lips.

"Oh you will have enough time, you will be staying for the ball, my son told you already, didn't he?"

I turned to Logan with slightly parted lips as my nose gushed out hot air, and my heart pumped faster.

We had a deal, just the weekend and nothing more.

"Mum, we've still not decided on that," Logan spoke up, gently placing his spoon on his plate.

"It will be nice if you stay Eva," his grandma said in her singsong voice that sounded excited.

"The decision has been made." She paused. "I hope I'm not intruding on any plans."

"Ye-"

"She will adjust them, won't you Eva?"

"What is he doing?"

He smiled and patted my hand that was folded in a fist on my laps underneath the table.

"Yes, yes, I will just swipe my plans," I said, agreeing to his words when all I wanted to do was to send my fork up his nose.

"Perfect, you have a month to make a beautiful portrait of me," She said.

I watched her placed her fork and knife at the bottom of her plate, a sign she was done with her meal.

"I need to attend to business, excuse me," she said and stood.

We all watched her walked out of the dining room with two maids trailing behind her.

His grandma also stood. "It's nice meeting you Eva, I need to go rest my old bones, Rose has been walking me around the castle."

She gave a radiant smile and equally left the table.

I turned to Logan, ready to devour him with sharp words but got a charming smile as he assured, "Your stay will be lovely Eve, I promise you."

Fuck you!

"So I'm leaving you two love birds." Rose pushed her chair back

"Are you jealous?" Logan teased.

"Don't go there brother, I just need some rest."

"Alright."

"It's really nice meeting you Eva, I'm sure your stay will be a chuffed one, I will make sure of that."

"I'm sure It will, it's also nice meeting you princess," I said, but she waved my words and awarded me a smile.

I slowly turned to Logan with pressed lips and red face.

"Don't say a word, let's head to my room," he said obviously getting the gist communicated by my brows.

***

Logan

The moment I shut the door, she turned, her lips parted and ready to full the quite room with rage.

"I can't stay here for a month."

I walked past her folding the sleeves of my shirt. "Well, you have to."

"We had a deal Logan, the weekend that's all, I have things to do."

I turned, a sharp moved that went with the wind coming from the opened windows. "Like what? Flinching from people. I don't see what is more important than this."

She lets out a dry laugh, which died so fast it was better to say she never laughed at all. "We had a deal, the weekend, I'm not sitting here, doing your selfish job when my mother is in the hospital!"

Her last words caught my attention like a net and I stood still.

"You can throw me in jail for all I care, but I'm not going to stand here doing nothing."

"You might be a prince, but you need to think of your subject, my contract ends weekend." With that, she walked out of the room and slammed the door to my face.

***

Authors note.

Hey guys... Tell me what you think about this.💖