Taking one for the team.

Chapter 23

Clara’s Pov.

I awake to the sound of my name being shouted and my door being knocked. I open my eyes in time to see Cas open the door.

“Get up you have slept half the day away!” she shout urgently. Rubbing my eyes I sit up. I see there are black smudges on my hand – I must have forgotten to take my make up off.

“Ugh what time is it?” I moan groggily.

“Seven am” she laughs evilly. “Now come on we need to get breakfast before we train.

“Why do you seem so excited about this?”

“Why don’t you, it’s like a free gym with personal trainers but way more awesome” she chirps.

“Which at the end of it you will have to fight an army of under worldly monsters” her face drops for a second.

“We better work hard then” she smiles.

“Alright I’ll be ready in fifteen minutes, I need a shower” climbing out of bed I stand in my underwear.

“Don’t you think you should stop sleeping in your underwear here, what if a team member walks in?” CAS points out because she knows I love sleeping in my underwear.

“Yea, probably”

“But on the plus side if Dimitri crawls into bed with you he’s in for a nice surprise” she giggles.

“Oh trust me he won’t be sneaking in my bed anytime soon” CAS just nods while she slips out of the door.

I shower and dress in the tight lycra leggings I used for running, they are sturdy, warm and I can be as flexible as I want in them, I pair this with some light weight trainers and a red vest top - red seems to becoming my signature colour. Tossing my hair up into a high pony tail and not bothering with makeup I leave.

As I pull open the door I walk right into Dimitri! His fist is raised as he was about to knock the door. Wait! I heard Cas and Rob coming why didn’t I hear him. I step back.

“Clara are you okay” he asks stepping towards me.

“fine, did you want something?” I say crossing my arms.

“come on Clara don’t be like that” he moans.

“like what Dimitri, I’m just being friendly” I smirk.

“look all I want is a chance to explain everything to you” his eyes plead at me. my face softens towards him, awe he looks so deflated, he doesn’t have his normal sexy air about him.

“alright” I give in shaking my head. He smiles for the first time and it makes me happy to see him do it.

“really?” he asks in disbelief. “look, meet me at the front steps at eight o’clock tonight” his eyes shine bright with hope.

“okay” I take a step forward so I’m right in front of him. Before he can move I pull his face gently towards mine and plant a hot slow kiss on his lips; “but think really carefully what you say to me” I whisper to his stunned face. Darting past him I put my running gear to good use. as fast as I can go I run through the vast hallways. Running past different people who weren’t at the big dinner last night. I wonder if there are people I still have to meet.

When I finally reach the staircase that leads to the entrance hall I see Dimitri already standing there.

“enjoy your run” he smirks at me looking proud of himself; he must have done that speed thing he can do. Scowling as I dismount the stairs he just laughs “you didn’t really think you could out run me did you?”