Got to be cruel to be kind!

Lowering his crossbow Mark has a sympathetic look on his face

“Look Cee, I know you’re confused and scared and you don’t want anyone getting hurt, but you cannot stay here, you don’t know this guy what if he is just like the other two?”

I know he’s right, I don’t know Dimitri, but he saved me, three times now if you count my sixteenth birthday.

“Mark, I don’t know what to do!” I whimper, letting a single tear slide down my face. I feel Dimitri’s arm around my waist.

 How could he be evil? I feel so safe when he’s near me.

“Come with me, I am your best friend, you can trust me” Mark holds out his hand

“Can I really trust you mark?” I ask, Marks face automatically drops from his sympathetic look to seriously confused

“W,, what?” he mutters a little hurt by my question

“You lied to me, you never told me about your family and you told me you were in the army this past year and a half! Then you spun me that clearly bull story about Nadia! I mean is she even real?” that came out a little more aggressive than I intended but in my defence he had lied to me.

“Cee” his face now pained at the realisation that he had lied to me.

“Cee I couldn’t tell you, there are rules against it!” he cried out

“When has that ever stopped us before?” I whisper

“Would you have honestly believed me if I had told you?” he asked

“Maybe! I mean yes! Defiantly! I would have appreciated the knowledge that demons excited so maybe I could have prevented this!” I say a bit angry now.

Mark shot an angry look up to Dimitri, as if he had told me something he shouldn’t have.

“Look Cee just comes with me and I will take you to Cas’s house and I will explain everything to you there. I just want you away from him” Mark made a gesture to Dimitri.

When I looked up to Dimitri he was just standing there looking like a dog on guard protecting its owner.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

On the one hand if I go with Mark I risk putting him and Cas and Rob in danger, and I also don’t think I like the Silver Knights they seem a bit odd. So on the other hand if I stay with Dimitri I could be walking into a trap, what if he had protected me just so he could bring me back himself?

I have to make this decision and I have to make it right.  The image of the demon bursting into flames in my living room pushed its way to the front of my mind. I shudder as I recall the rush of fury and hatred I had felt for the demon. What if that was me? What if I do it again, to Cassy or Rob without meaning to. Closing my eyes lightly a tear falls from my eye.

Yes, I know what I should do.

I have to trust my instinct here.